Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Noob

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Noob

Hey guys, thanks for checking out my post! So my finance, a long time BOA customer, and I opened up a joint BOA travel rewards credit card. Not too soon after we opened that up I opened up a BOA checking/savings account so we can both bank at the same bank and eventually merge our accounts into one. Everytime I log into my BOA account and just browse around and see how I can link the credit card to my account as well and go into the credit card section I get a lot of offers for different cards to apply for. 

I am intrigued but don't know if I should apply for a card, as I went on a little application spree about 6 weeks ago as I was applying for a couple credit cards and auto refi loans. Should I continue to hold off or should I try to apply for a card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Noob

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for checking out my post! So my finance, a long time BOA customer, and I opened up a joint BOA travel rewards credit card. Not too soon after we opened that up I opened up a BOA checking/savings account so we can both bank at the same bank and eventually merge our accounts into one. Everytime I log into my BOA account and just browse around and see how I can link the credit card to my account as well and go into the credit card section I get a lot of offers for different cards to apply for. 

I am intrigued but don't know if I should apply for a card, as I went on a little application spree about 6 weeks ago as I was applying for a couple credit cards and auto refi loans. Should I continue to hold off or should I try to apply for a card?

Thanks!

Based on your scores in your signature I would suggest you waiting awhile (maybe 6 months) and see if your scores have improved.  Those 'offers' you see are most likely general marketing offers and do not represent any type of pre approval.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya that is what I was thinking. I have been working on my credit the last year and in the past 3 months I have seen my scores across the board hover around 600, with the highest score being 633 (new numbers as of this week). I was thinking of trying again after I refi my car 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well there is always the chance that if you apply for an unsecured BOA card that if you're denied they may offer you the $99/$500 partially secured credit card. At least that would get you started with them.

Message 4 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Based on your scores in your signature I would suggest you waiting awhile (maybe 6 months) and see if your scores have improved.  Those 'offers' you see are most likely general marketing offers and do not represent any type of pre approval.

I agree with Irish, even with scores hovering in the 600 that is pretty low for BofA, they may or may not offer you a secured card. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.