Established Member
pawpaw

Bank of America Opened 2-Accounts

I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

I called 2-days later, they could not find my application, I applied on over phone and got instant approval per the rep for $2,000. I have not gotten the cards yet, is this a mistake? Should I call them to clarify?

They did a hard pull with TU & EQ.

Also how much can I expect my scores to drop as a result of the new account(s).

Thanks

EQ 667   TU 676   EX 665
Frequent Contributor
techgirl

Re: Bank of America Opened 2-Accounts

They only pulled EX for mine - it was 721 at the time - it is now 711, but I have been paying off the debt I put on the card - I did a BT. My other two scores are going up because of it though - I increased my % of utilization.

Congrats! :smileyvery-happy:
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Established Contributor
beenthere

I've got 675 FICO with both those agencies and can't get a fully secured card with BoA.

pawpaw wrote:

I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

I called 2-days later, they could not find my application, I applied on over phone and got instant approval per the rep for $2,000. I have not gotten the cards yet, is this a mistake? Should I call them to clarify?

Thanks

EQ 667   TU 676   EX 665

1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

pawpaw wrote:
I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

Thanks

EQ 667 TU 676 EX 665

I'd call the number on your screen and ask to speak to a credit analyst. ("Credit analyst" is the magic phrase for BofA, btw.) Tell them that you responded to the pre-app screen, your app went into limbo, you called in and app'd again and were approved, and now you seem to have two cards.

Here's what you shoot for:

- There should only be one hard app on your reports. Please (Mr/Ms Nice BofA CSR) recode the second app as a soft on both TU and EX.

- "I'd like to have one card only with the maximum CL." (This will probably be $2K, but you never know. Certainly, since they approved you for $2K, you shouldn't accept less.)

in my experience, 70% of the BofA CSR's are great, and the rest are clueless. Always feel free to ask for a credit analyst, or hang up, wait four hours, and dial again.

BTW, around here, the BofA AmEx seems to be the popular option. Did you go with the Visa for a particular reason? If they are being agreeable, this might be a chance to swap things out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Member
prettywise77

I have a situation with BOA, I applied for one of the cards through the pre-approval link I saw here a few weeks ago (during an appying spree), and I got the 99/500 deal which I sent out on last week.  It was cashed on BOA on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I also got a hard inq from them.  I have no clue as to why if they had already pulled my score on 4/9.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

This seems to be the norm when responding to the 99/500 offer
another 1 or 2 INQ's

prettywise77 wrote:
I have a situation with BOA, I applied for one of the cards through the pre-approval link I saw here a few weeks ago (during an appying spree), and I got the 99/500 deal which I sent out on last week.  It was cashed on BOA on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I also got a hard inq from them.  I have no clue as to why if they had already pulled my score on 4/9.

Established Member
pawpaw

OP - Checked score this morning with EQ after BOA account(s) posted, score went up 9 points to 676. Perhaps abve the Radar foronce.  Will check others next weekend. Initially lost 2 Points hard pull to get card. I wonder if they will cancel the $1,500 car and CLI the other.
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

I wonder if you can ask them to combine the CL.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}