Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Opened 2-Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Opened 2-Accounts

I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

I called 2-days later, they could not find my application, I applied on over phone and got instant approval per the rep for $2,000. I have not gotten the cards yet, is this a mistake? Should I call them to clarify?

They did a hard pull with TU & EQ.

Also how much can I expect my scores to drop as a result of the new account(s).

Thanks

EQ 667   TU 676   EX 665
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Opened 2-Accounts

They only pulled EX for mine - it was 721 at the time - it is now 711, but I have been paying off the debt I put on the card - I did a BT. My other two scores are going up because of it though - I increased my % of utilization.

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 675 FICO with both those agencies and can't get a fully secured card with BoA.

pawpaw wrote:

I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

I called 2-days later, they could not find my application, I applied on over phone and got instant approval per the rep for $2,000. I have not gotten the cards yet, is this a mistake? Should I call them to clarify?

Thanks

EQ 667   TU 676   EX 665

Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I received a Credit Watch Alert today that 2-new Boa credit card accounts have been opened. One account is for $2,000 and the other is for $1,500. I am sure this happened as follows: I applied online, pre-qualified , for 3-cards they had listed with $1,500 limit (Applied for Plat Visa). Was not instantly approved, notice 10-days for approval.

Thanks

EQ 667 TU 676 EX 665

I'd call the number on your screen and ask to speak to a credit analyst. ("Credit analyst" is the magic phrase for BofA, btw.) Tell them that you responded to the pre-app screen, your app went into limbo, you called in and app'd again and were approved, and now you seem to have two cards.

Here's what you shoot for:

- There should only be one hard app on your reports. Please (Mr/Ms Nice BofA CSR) recode the second app as a soft on both TU and EX.

- "I'd like to have one card only with the maximum CL." (This will probably be $2K, but you never know. Certainly, since they approved you for $2K, you shouldn't accept less.)

in my experience, 70% of the BofA CSR's are great, and the rest are clueless. Always feel free to ask for a credit analyst, or hang up, wait four hours, and dial again.

BTW, around here, the BofA AmEx seems to be the popular option. Did you go with the Visa for a particular reason? If they are being agreeable, this might be a chance to swap things out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
prettywise77
Valued Member

I have a situation with BOA, I applied for one of the cards through the pre-approval link I saw here a few weeks ago (during an appying spree), and I got the 99/500 deal which I sent out on last week.  It was cashed on BOA on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I also got a hard inq from them.  I have no clue as to why if they had already pulled my score on 4/9.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to be the norm when responding to the 99/500 offer
another 1 or 2 INQ's

prettywise77 wrote:
I have a situation with BOA, I applied for one of the cards through the pre-approval link I saw here a few weeks ago (during an appying spree), and I got the 99/500 deal which I sent out on last week.  It was cashed on BOA on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I also got a hard inq from them.  I have no clue as to why if they had already pulled my score on 4/9.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - Checked score this morning with EQ after BOA account(s) posted, score went up 9 points to 676. Perhaps abve the Radar foronce.  Will check others next weekend. Initially lost 2 Points hard pull to get card. I wonder if they will cancel the $1,500 car and CLI the other.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if you can ask them to combine the CL.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.