Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America PC MC to AMEX

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Bank of America PC MC to AMEX

i had just finished paying off my balance from my better balance rewards MC and really started thinking that even though i didnt mind the extra 5 dollars each quarter i wanted something with more rewards and decided to call and see if i could change it to the accelerated rewards Amex. It was simple and painless, took about 3 minutes. Only downfall is gotta wait 2-4 weeks for my new card to arrive. Just letting anyone out there know that you can PC a MC to an AMEX with Bofa.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America PC MC to AMEX

@dodgerslv wrote:

i had just finished paying off my balance from my better balance rewards MC and really started thinking that even though i didnt mind the extra 5 dollars each quarter i wanted something with more rewards and decided to call and see if i could change it to the accelerated rewards Amex. It was simple and painless, took about 3 minutes. Only downfall is gotta wait 2-4 weeks for my new card to arrive. Just letting anyone out there know that you can PC a MC to an AMEX with Bofa.

Congarts nice job on the upgrade

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Message 3 of 10
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I just applied this past weekend for the better Balance reward
it's in the mail and i got 1000 CL on it
how long did you have the card before you got it to converted to amex card? How can I do that?? any advice?

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 5 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

I just applied this past weekend for the better Balance reward
it's in the mail and i got 1000 CL on it
how long did you have the card before you got it to converted to amex card? How can I do that?? any advice?

I got approved back in March with a 2k limit to start. Requested 4K for a balance transfer withing 10 days of receiving the card (used same HP for approval). Then requested 7k in June. I just called them up and told i wanted a card with better rewards, he asked me which one did i want, put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then read the disclosure.

Message 6 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 10
Anf_dude
Contributor

What channel did you go through to do this.? I tried PCing my 123 to the Amex a few weeks ago after hearing someone else did that, and I got a call saying that wasn't possible and that I'd have to apply for it. I reached out to ask them about this via twitter.
Message 8 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Anf_dude wrote:
What channel did you go through to do this.? I tried PCing my 123 to the Amex a few weeks ago after hearing someone else did that, and I got a call saying that wasn't possible and that I'd have to apply for it. I reached out to ask them about this via twitter.

I used the backdoor number :866-421-8153

Message 9 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Out of curiosity, what makes you think the BofA Amex card is better than the BofA Cash Rewards card?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.