Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Past Due Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Past Due Question

Hello Everyone! 

So not to long ago I product changed my Cash Rewards to a Travel Rewards card and had automatic payments set up on my Cash Rewards but did not realize that the automatic payments did not transfer over to my new card. Now it makes sense as it's a new card #. 

I was lucky enough to catch it before the next statement and just set up a payment and auto pay. My question is would this count as a derogatory mark on my credit report? Will it also effect my history with BOA? I've never missed a payment so not sure how this works. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Past Due Question

Something similar happened to me with Amazon store card. I had entered the bank account number incorrectly so my paid in full did nothing. Called immediately and explained what had happened and corrected my account number. No negatives appeared anywhere. That was Synchrony. I suggest calling Bank of America asap and explain and cite your payment record.

Good luck!

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/25-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800. Gardening until further notice.

Message 2 of 3
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Past Due Question

As long as it was not more than 30 days late it will not appear anywhere on your credit report of affect your score in any way. What it may do is incure a late fee from BOA and also may put you on their bad boy list so no CLI's or anything for 6-9 months. I would call BOA and explain though. They may reverse any late fee's. Most lenders are happy to work with you if you call and explain and it's only a one time thing.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.