Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa?

I was considering applying for this card.  My experian score is 640.  The other two in the mid 500's.  Do I have a chance?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa?

You have a chance if your FICO EX score is in that range. I appd with a 664 and was denied, but was counter-offered a 99/500. Not a bad card to have.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might get a counter offer for the BofA Platinum VISA 99/500.... I got that one, after 9 months it graduates into unsecured , they refund the $99 security deposit and raise the limit to $1000..... Had my card about 5 months....Also got a B of A USAirways VISA unsecured with a $500 CL.... my Fico is 599
Message Edited by clownazonah8r on 12-12-2008 07:38 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

with a 640 i would say you have 30\60\10 % chance(unsecured, 99\500, full secured)
Message Edited by hayhayday on 12-12-2008 08:33 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say 70% fully unsecured 30% unsecured.

mostly cuz i got the fully unsecured with a 600

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with the Visa Gold unsecure card back in 2002. Only got 2 CLI from them since.

A couple of months ago I did a product change to WorldPoints, they gave me the WorldPoints Gold.

Last month called to change product again since I have checking account with them, I asked for the BankAmericard that offers 1/4 more points. I received the card yesterday and it is the BankAmeriCard Platinum Plus Visa (with a lousy $800 CL).

I think they don't have a Gold version of the BankAmeriCard so thats why they gave me the Platimum Plus.  You have to bank with BOA to be eligible for the BankAmeriCard.  

You could probably try getting the 99/500 for starters and upon graduation, do a product change. BOA is pretty good with product changes. Best of all is you keep the same tradeline.

Message Edited by Solarjuju on 12-13-2008 08:46 AM
Message 6 of 7
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

You'll probably be denied for the normal card but get offered the 99/500 Card like the others here are saying.

It's a good card and BoA is pretty generous with their CLI, you should go for it.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.