Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Platinum Plus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Platinum Plus?

I am in the process of rehabbbing my credit and a rep at BOA says I should apply for the Platinum Plus because it's a good builder. Anyone have this one?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Platinum Plus?

BOFA secured is a good one apply for it.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-10-2008 07:37 PM
Message 2 of 11
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Breakthecycle22 wrote:
I am in the process of rehabbbing my credit and a rep at BOA says I should apply for the Platinum Plus because it's a good builder. Anyone have this one?

Go to the preapproval screen and see what is offered to you. If the PP card is offered and you want it app for it. After app'ing call a backdoor number and speak to a credit analyst if needed. If they do not approve the PP card they may offer you a secured card of which there are two types. Whatever they offer you take it. They will grow with you and do graduate the secured cards,
Message 3 of 11
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

My secured card says Platinum Plus on the front...
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a non secured card.

What is this 99/500 thing I see around here with BOA?
Message 5 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You give them 99 bucks and they give you a credit limit of 500 bucks. Usually unsecures around nine months then you get your 99 bucks back. They typically bump your line up at that time as well.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you apply for this?
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you apply for this?

You can't apply for it. You apply for the Visa, and if (when) you're denied, you hope that they counter with the 99/500.

It's for those somewhere in between the full secured card and the basic unsecured cards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea what the credit score needed is?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They use plat plus on secured and unsecured both. I once had a plat plus account and customer service was just o.k. Actually it was kind of bad. I then got a visa sig account. wow customer service that sucks up to you immediately. there was a world of difference. If you can get the visa sig card.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.