Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Platinum Student Card

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Platinum Student Card

Hi,

So I know I have been starting a lot of topics lately, but has anyone dealt with this card?  I'm planning to go for this card in August, when many many inquiries will reach 6 months on my credit report.  (My experian will be at 2, which is what BofA pulls).  Reason being, though I love Citibank, there's word they are pulling out of Philadelphia and Boston (anyone have more information on this), which are the two places I live.  Their presence here in south NJ is already pretty bad, and BofA has many more branches around where I live.  I imagine my scores would be close to the 700s by this time, and I would like to open this card with them (unless I can be sure Citi is going to stay put), and potentially start moving money back to BofA.

And then I would go for my Zync in December.  

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Platinum Student Card

I would go for zync now

Message 2 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

I got declined Zync two weeks ago.... Smiley Sad

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

wow, why did they say... a friend recently applied with no credit score and the decline simply said he needed 1 account and a credit score to be approved... I figured as long as no baddies, they were a go these days

Message 4 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

See I applied for Blue, and got denied for a plethora of reasons.  I asked for a reconsideration for Zync, and supposedly it was reviewed and denied by a superior account manager (the online thing says cancelled).  I'm thinking I may just re-apply for it in a month, as they probably didn't really review it.

Message 5 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes with amex, I always recommend for charge card first than go back later and apply for credit cards

Message 6 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

So should I go for this BofA card before or after I go for the Amex?  I just got a Citi Forward, and I closed my BofA secured after 3 months.

Message 7 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

amex, then bofa

Message 8 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

Ok, well let me ask this.  I was denied Chase +1 card as well.  My current Inquiry count is:

3 Equifiax

4 Experian

3 TransUnion (5 more over 6 months)

I hear of people here with scores in the high 600s that have 10-15 inquiries on each report.  Would it kill me to app spree tomorrow and go for

Zync

Discover Student

BofA Student

BTW, thanks for the input.

Message 9 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1.discover

2. zync

3. bofa

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.