Should I do that all in the same day though? Will the inquiries kill me?
I would do them all the same day.
both discover and bofa have backdoor numbers you can talk to credit directly if computer declines you.
I would simmer your inq. after these though
Well the only other inquiry that will come after these will be the two on TU for student loans (PNC Solution and US Federal Gov't loans).
I plan after these no more inquiries until November or December, at which point 3 will fall off Experian, 2 off Equifax, and 2 off TU.
May I ask why you're going after credit so aggressively?
I don't really mean to. I just want to knock all inquires out of the way, get all the cards and relationships I want ASAP, then build credit over the next 3 years. I will never carry a balance.
Looks like BofA was denied:
"We have received your application for the Bank of America® Student Visa® Platinum Plus® Card from Bank of America. Your business is appreciated and our senior credit analysts are carefully considering your request.
To expedite your application, please call us for an instant decision at 1.888.503.6090, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
If you are unable to call us for an instant decision during these hours, please expect an email within 30 days with a decision on your credit card request. You may also check the status of your credit card application online by selecting credit card application status and entering the requested information as provided on your application.
Thank you again for both your business and your patience as we review your application."
Will try for Discover and Zync in the morning. If all fails, no more applications until November 20th.
Thanks guys. I'd be so lost without all the help I've gotten in the past few months.
Yea, now I'm hearing that could just mean address verification, as my old student loan has a different address listed on my Experian file.
Also, the representative insisted I list my father's income as HHI, which with me and him, brings the number to over $100k. I guess if it did get approved, I would be looking at a fairly high CL?
I called the regular line for application status (not the backdoor number they gave me on the app, which tells me their offices are closed and to call Monday), and after entering my social, it says
"We were unable to approved your request for credit at this time". Granted, I applied for this card when my secured was still open, and without doing a hard inquiry, they denied it because "sufficient credit is extended". I'm guessing that message was likely for that previous application, as it said if the application is less than 10 days old, to call back after 10 days have past.
When I would previously also log on to the application status, I would get a message saying I was denied and I'd get a letter in 7-10 days. Since when I do that now I get the current message, I'm still feeling kind of hopeful.
In any case, as soon as I know I'll debate the merits of going for Discover and Amex.