Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Power Rewards denial

tag
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Bank of America Power Rewards denial

So I just applied for this BOA Power Rewards card and was denied due to the following:

Your application was processed using a credit scoring system. The principal reason(s) for our decision were:

• you have sufficient credit available considering your balances
  • you have insufficient loans secured by real estate that have recently been reported to the credit bureau

Umm, WTF?  I have a one CC (Cap 1 500 limit and 0 balance) and one car installment loan.  I don't have a mortgage.  

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Power Rewards denial

@sleephla541 wrote:

So I just applied for this BOA Power Rewards card and was denied due to the following:

Your application was processed using a credit scoring system. The principal reason(s) for our decision were:

• you have sufficient credit available considering your balances
  • you have insufficient loans secured by real estate that have recently been reported to the credit bureau

Umm, WTF?  I have a one CC (Cap 1 500 limit and 0 balance) and one car installment loan.  I don't have a mortgage.  

Sorry about the denial.  Looks like they WANT you to have a mortgage.  Stability, or some such thing.

If you are needing another CC, give us some info on what you have and what your credit reports look like, and you'll garner lots of good suggestions here.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.