Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Problem

ok so i applied for the secured card about 10 days ago, and when i called the day after my app, the rep said i was approved. i expected the card earlier, but today i finally got a letter in the mail. heres what it says pretty much:

"thank you for the app. we are required to obtain, verify, and record all info that identifies each person who opens an account. because we have not been able to complete the necessary indentity verification, we can no longer continue the review and processing of you app."

what the heck does that mean? lol. do i not exist as a person? lol. im going to call them tomorrow morning. if anyone has any advice or similar stores like this please share, cause im lost on this one haha.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America Problem

Sounds like maybe they needed you to call them to provide additional info and the amount of time allotted expired. Do you recall ever seeing a message or getting any type of email/letter stating they needed additional info?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

no thats why im so confused haha.

obviosuly they had my right info, because they got my address and name correct, and they pulled my score from experian. i talked to the rep after i applied and he said i was approved. if they emailed me or called i would have cleared any problems up lol.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do your personal info on your credit report matching with info you put on application?

Message 4 of 14
John060675
Valued Contributor

I received the same response when I applied for an AMEX card, and it was due to me having a freeze on my credit report.  When I called them they just asked me a couple more questions for verification and the card was on the way to me.

I have a feeling it will be just the same type of process.  I would not worry about it.  Heck, nothing wrong with one more layer of security in this identity theft world.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

If there is any mismatch with the credit bureau info (name, address, birthdate, etc) and what you put on the application, they will sometimes ask for other identifying info (utility bill, bank statement, Drivers License, SS card, etc). I would call them and find out what they want you to provide and then get them the info. Usually when something like this happens, it is a formality that once you satisfy you will be approved. If they were going to deny you, they would have not bothered with wanting the info. Good luck. I had a BoA secured card at one point. PIF every month and on time for 12 months. Called the up at that point and they unsecured it (unlike some of the other companies, notably Wells Fargo, Cap One, which will rarely unsecure a card). Let us know.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea im going to call them later today and see whats up. hopefully we can straighten it out and ill still be able to get the card. its just frustrating because the letter was dated aug 29th. if they called or emailed me i would have responded instantly lol.

ill let you guys know what happens/their reasons for stopping the app.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yea im going to call them later today and see whats up. hopefully we can straighten it out and ill still be able to get the card. its just frustrating because the letter was dated aug 29th. if they called or emailed me i would have responded instantly lol.

ill let you guys know what happens/their reasons for stopping the app.

I'm sure it's something simple. The same thing happened to me when I apped for the AmEx Blue Cash, my current address I provided on the app and the current address on my EX report did not match, I called AmEx and gave them my correct current address and instant approval.

I'm willing to bet it is something along those lines (on your credit report) your current address, current employer ect...... did not match what you put on your app.

Keep us updated, Best of Luck!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just called the customer service number and they cant help me since i dont have an account number. i called the app status and they just said i was denied and id recieve a letter which i did.

i called one backdoor number but they have no office hours today. 

does anyone have any suggestions on who/when to contact? thanks.

Message 9 of 14
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i just called the customer service number and they cant help me since i dont have an account number. i called the app status and they just said i was denied and id recieve a letter which i did.

i called one backdoor number but they have no office hours today. 

does anyone have any suggestions on who/when to contact? thanks.

It's a holiday weekend.  You'll probably just need to call the backdoor number again on Tuesday, maybe they'll be open on Monday.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.