Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - Product Change - Visa to Amex

tag
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Bank of America - Product Change - Visa to Amex

I currently have the Bank of America Travel Rewards card - basically the Bankamericard. I really want the Bankamericard Privileges Signature Visa or the Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex.

Has anyone ever attempted this and succeeded?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America - Product Change - Visa to Amex

Yes, i went from the Amex, very cool looking card to the sig WWF card with no problems just give them a call
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 15
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Did it require a hard pull? - What number did you call/department?

Message 3 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

Did it require a hard pull? - What number did you call/department?

I would think it would be a SP with a product change.

Message 4 of 15
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

I currently have the Bank of America Travel Rewards card - basically the Bankamericard. I really want the Bankamericard Privileges Signature Visa or the Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex.

You'd need to call in to PC your card to a different version.  There shouldn't be a HP to have it done...however... the BofA Amex runs on a points rewards system that sucks!  I've had the card for 5 years now and rarely use it because the points are worthless.  The Priveleges CCs require you to have a BofA deposit account with (I believe) $50k in it in order to get the card.  With the interest they pay you can definitely do better.  The Travel Rewards card and the Cash Back cards they offer are probably the best in the BofA portfolio IMO.  Something to think about...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 5 of 15
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

UPDATE - I got it converted to the Accelerated Rewards AMEX!

I did it via the chat window... The guy (or girl) was nice, but I hate truly hate the prescripted crap! A little comical about the hp or sp question, no?

Brooks: Welcome to Credit Card Chat Services! My name is Brooks. I am here to assist you with your personal Credit Card Chat Accounts. May I know your complete name as it appears on the credit card or statement?
You:
Brooks: Hello
Brooks: How may I assist you today?
You: Is a credit limit increase request a soft pull or a hard pull?
Brooks: I will surely check regarding the credit line increase.
Brooks: Could you please confirm last four digits of your credit card?
You:
Brooks: Perfect! Thanks for verifying that information,
Brooks: We will not be able to comment upon the credit report. However, I will be able to share the direct contact number of credit bureau's who can help you understand how it works.
Brooks: If you wish I can surely place a credit line increase for you.
Brooks: Shall I provide you the direct contact number of Credit Bureau's?
You: I'm asking if you (Bank of America) places a hard inquiry or a soft inquiry on my credit report
Brooks: , we just report to credit bureau's regarding the credit line increase. However the decision of hard or soft inquiry is taken by credit bureau's.
You: Is my account elligble for an increase?
Brooks: Yes,
Brooks: Let me share some information regarding credit line increase.
Brooks: Do you authorize Card Services to review your credit and employment histories and any other information in order to process your request, service your account and manage your relationship with us?
You: Yes
Brooks: We collect income information to determine your ability to pay. Examples may include income earned from employment (salary, overtime, bonus), retirement/pension benefits and rental properties. If you do not have sufficient income, we may request a co-applicant or guarantor.” Alimony, child support, or separate maintenance income need not be revealed if you do not wish to have it considered as a basis for repayment.
Brooks: Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. The information you provided for this application will assist us in verifying your identity. However, we may ask you to provide additional information or identifying documents for identity verification purposes.
Brooks: Let me know once you are ready;
You: ok
Brooks: Thank you,
Brooks: May I know the credit line request you would like to place?
You: 9000
Brooks: May I know your Annual Salary, Job Code, Rented home or owned one and payment amount, current employer, current position, service in length and current mailing address?

Brooks: Thank you for your patience, I will be right with you.
Brooks: Thank you for the information.
Brooks: Please give me a quick moment while I process the request for you.
Brooks: Your request has been submitted.
Brooks: You will receive written confirmation in 5 - 7 business days as to the decision
Brooks: We are all set,
Brooks: Is there anything else that I may assist you with?
You: I would like to change my card to the Accelerated Rewards Amex
Brooks: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Brooks: Please give me a moment while I check that for you.
Brooks: Thank you for your patience.
Brooks: I can surely change your card to Accelerated Rewards Amex
Brooks: Let me share some information.
Brooks: The Credit Card can be converted. It takes 2-4 weeks for the card to arrive and will have a new number.
Brooks: The exisisting points will be transferred to new credit card with in one to two weeks following the account conversion
Brooks: The credit limit, interest rates and other fees that are on the account now will remain same.
Brooks: The new Credit Card will have new number on it and you will be able to use the current card till the new one is activated.
Brooks: The Credit Card will start earning points when the new Credit Card is used.
You: Great
Brooks: Do you have any recent travel plan?
You: No
Brooks: How would you like to get the confirmation regarding the card confirmation(Email or phone)?
You: email please
Brooks: Please confirm your mailing address.

Brooks: Thank you.
Brooks: Please confirm your email address.

Brooks: Thank you for the information.
Brooks: Please give me a quick moment while I process the request for you.
Brooks: I have processed your request successfully.
Brooks: Your Expected Resolution Date: Monday, July 15, 2013
Brooks: Tracking Number:
Last text message received
Brooks: Is there anything else that I may assist you with?
You: Thank you,
You: No that was it
Message 6 of 15
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Really? It earns almost the same exact rewards as the travel rewards though..

Message 7 of 15
tehpud
New Contributor

I too did this.  I called in and spoke with an analyst.  I did a CLI from $500 - $5000 on my AMEX platinum (unsecured, but was secured before).  After the CLI went through I requested the product change.

Card should be arriving any day now...

Congrats on the switch Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The parts that need to be scripted like HP and SP never seem to be... I think it's purposful.  Most don't understand it so let a person that also doesn't understand it say as they wish and everyone leaves confused and saying yes or okay most likely to move forward with the credit line increase request that WILL be a HP.

*returning to sip my coffee and trying not to scream, fires me up so much i can't help it*

Message 9 of 15
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

You'd need to call in to PC your card to a different version.  There shouldn't be a HP to have it done...however... the BofA Amex runs on a points rewards system that sucks!  I've had the card for 5 years now and rarely use it because the points are worthless.  The Priveleges CCs require you to have a BofA deposit account with (I believe) $50k in it in order to get the card.  With the interest they pay you can definitely do better.  The Travel Rewards card and the Cash Back cards they offer are probably the best in the BofA portfolio IMO.  Something to think about...

+1

I opened the BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX in JUN 2013 and I was not happy with the rewards program.  In less than 2 months, I was allowed to PC to the Cash Rewards card.  So far, I have earned a few extra $$ from the cards 1%, 2%, 3% cash back offer.  BOA also offers a 10% bonus for transfering $$ to a BOA checking/savings account.  My only dislike is the requirement to accrue $50 in cash back rewards before being able to transfer the cash or request an account credit. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.