Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Recommended Offer - Travel Rewards Card

tag
Nolan34
Contributor

Bank of America Recommended Offer - Travel Rewards Card

of Good Morning: I've been a Bank of America customer for 11 years and about 3 years ago I was applied and approved for the Bankamericard Cash Rewards VISA. Today I logged into my checking account and saw this

Is this a pre-qual? If not, is it something I should app for? Does anyone know anythinng about requirements for this card?

MICHAEL, your recommended offer:

BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Card

bonus points

if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days - which can be redeemed for a $150 statement credit towards travel purchases

0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles; after that 22.99% variable APR

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Nolan34
Contributor

Re: Bank of America Recommended Offer - Travel Rewards Card

Well i applied and was approved for $2,000 CL

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Nolan34 wrote:

Well i applied and was approved for $2,000 CL

Too late, but there is no reason to apply for a card just because it is recommended or pre-qualified.   The bonus rate isn't bad, but your APR isn't good.  Will the card be useful?

Message 3 of 8
Nolan34
Contributor

I called BOA shortly after to ask them a few questions about the card. I asked him what the exact APR and he said I was at 14.99% after the promo

Message 4 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Future reference: their "recommended offers" mean zilch, zero nada. You can plug in your dog's information and get the same result, as others have done!

Anyway, congrats on the card. As far as "travel cards" like this go, it seems BOA defines travel a bit more broadly than the others so at least your points can be used on more transactions (though there is still no real advantage over a QS/DC). But if you book travel through the BOA site I think you do get 3 points per dollar.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card, it is basically a cash back card given how broadly there interpret travel. Pays a flat 1.65% if you have a BoA bank account, and while that is slightly lower than citi double cash, this card has no foreign transaction fees so it is a good one to use while actually traveling.
Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have this card, it is basically a cash back card given how broadly there interpret travel. Pays a flat 1.65% if you have a BoA bank account, and while that is slightly lower than citi double cash, this card has no foreign transaction fees so it is a good one to use while actually traveling.

It seems like a decent card to SD, and use for actual travel, since it has no FTF and no AF. You can book your travel through them for 3% back assuming they have good deals. So while it may not be the best card, at least it's free unlike Arrival or Venture.

Message 7 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Future reference: their "recommended offers" mean zilch, zero nada. You can plug in your dog's information and get the same result, as others have done!

Anyway, congrats on the card. As far as "travel cards" like this go, it seems BOA defines travel a bit more broadly than the others so at least your points can be used on more transactions (though there is still no real advantage over a QS/DC). But if you book travel through the BOA site I think you do get 3 points per dollar.

This is not the 'general' recommended offers, this actually only show when you login into your account. After I PC my cash rewards I started getting this offers, for Travel with 15000, then disappeared, then 20000, now 15000 again. Sometimes the offer is for BBR also.

@OP, is your cash card at 22.9%? My offer say 16.9% after the promo and thats the APR I have on my card right now. Is this your lowest limit? I may try for BBR in a few months, but I want all my cards at 5k or more.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.