Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Rewards Card

I've seen on the boards that BOA has pulled Experian for this card. Would it be likely to get approved with a 641 exp score?

I'm still letting my scores grow and everything but was just curious. If declined would I be offered the 99/500 card that everyone seems to say grows quite nicely?

Only have like 3 inqs on Exp currently as well so just curious!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Rewards Card

No one can really say, but the way I first got the BofA Cash Rewards card was as a cobranded card with HRC. There are multiple causes that offer a BofA cobranded rewards card; in addition to the Human Rights Campaign, some are listed here. When I got the card, my credit was at roughly your stage (I'm taking an educated guess from your score), and I was really appreciative of it.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Yea I wasn't sure if it would be likely but if I app'd I was just curious the best one to try for and/or what they offer if not approved at that time. Figured if it was an HP I would see what my options at BoA were.
Message 3 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen on the boards that BOA has pulled Experian for this card. Would it be likely to get approved with a 641 exp score?

I'm still letting my scores grow and everything but was just curious. If declined would I be offered the 99/500 card that everyone seems to say grows quite nicely?

The score is a bit low for a BofA unsecured card, not saying they won't give it to you but it's a slim chance. They may or may not offer you the secure card depending on what they see on your report. What cards do you have? I.e. limits, age of cards. Do you have any baddies on the report?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

B of A has only pulled TU for me here in CA.

Message 5 of 14
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

I was just approved last night for BoA rewards    they pulled EX and I was at 688.    Got a 5k limit with instant approval.

hope this helps

Message 6 of 14
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Depending on your own situation it's hard to tell YMMV.  I burned BOA in a CH7 so I was reluctant to tried for an unsecured card.  I applied for the secured Visa and immediately PC'ed to the rewards.  Nine months later the card graduated.  I didn't want to take the chance of unsecured denial and hope that the secured card is offered. 

IMHO BOA is a good prime bank to start out with.  BTW, BOA pulled TU in the beginning and when my card graduated.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They approved me last year. They pulled Experian which was 672 at the time. No baddies. Started at 1k.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards is my first ever card, never had credit history by i bank with them. I think you should bank with them to make it easier. and they pulled EX for me

Message 9 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They normally pull EX for card and TU for CLI

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.