Regular Contributor
d09

Re: Bank of America Rules!! CLI approved!

I got the 7.90% APR from BoA as well on my BankAmericard Rewards Visa as well...
Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

It's been two months since my last CLI so I decided to call to see if I could get another CLI. My goal was to get my BankAmericard to $10K by Xmas. I was currently at $6000 and they approved another CLI to $9000. I didn't want to be greedy so I thanked the credit analyst and hung-up. Not bad since I just got a CLI in Sept.

The next morning I decided to call them back and speak to an analyst again. I told her that I had just called yesterday and recieved the increase to $9000 but that my goal was to have this card at $10,000. She was very receptive and said she would try to get me the additional $1000. I was put on hold for a minute or two and she came back on and said that she approved the extra $1000 and that my CL was now $10,000. I was very thankful and she then told me in the future just to ask for the total credit line that I wanted. She said that my long history with the bank along with my strong credit score were major factors and I would have been approved for the total amount yesterday.

Regular Contributor
wcnghj

thebostonredsox wrote:

It's been two months since my last CLI so I decided to call to see if I could get another CLI. My goal was to get my BankAmericard to $10K by Xmas. I was currently at $6000 and they approved another CLI to $9000. I didn't want to be greedy so I thanked the credit analyst and hung-up. Not bad since I just got a CLI in Sept.

The next morning I decided to call them back and speak to an analyst again. I told her that I had just called yesterday and recieved the increase to $9000 but that my goal was to have this card at $10,000. She was very receptive and said she would try to get me the additional $1000. I was put on hold for a minute or two and she came back on and said that she approved the extra $1000 and that my CL was now $10,000. I was very thankful and she then told me in the future just to ask for the total credit line that I wanted. She said that my long history with the bank along with my strong credit score were major factors and I would have been approved for the total amount yesterday.

Did they do a hard inquiry? Do they have a luv button at all?

04/2009
TU:745
EQ:764

10/2008
TU: 708
EQ: 708
EX:707
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

wcnghj wrote:

Did they do a hard inquiry? Do they have a luv button at all?

They do have a luv button, which results in a soft pull, but most people find they have better success by calling and speaking to a credit analyst.  That will also usually be a soft pull, but in the rare instance where a credit analyst needs to do a hard pull, they will always warn you first and ask if you still want to proceed.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
wmarat

wcnghj wrote:

thebostonredsox wrote:

Did they do a hard inquiry?Soft Do they have a luv button at all?Yes.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
ccaddict

That's cool on the cli.

I had a student platinum plus which got converted to a regular platinum plus a few months back. Last month I got a cli from 2k to 3k on the card, which was pretty awesome.

I went ahead and app'd for a world points mc from them today and got a "we need to look into this.. blah... expect written notification within 30 days."

Was wondering if they deny the app, could I like ask for a secured since I've wasted an inquiry on it anyways..? or is it like a new inquiry... anyone know?
Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

If the application is declined, call New Card Underwriting and ask them for a recon to review your app manually.
Regular Contributor
wcnghj

So is this the luv button? The one that pulls a S-IQ?

https://ccss-rva.bankofamerica.com/ccss/creditLineIncreaseEForm.el_uif

04/2009

10/2008
Regular Contributor
Wesley23

BoA is by far my favorite card because they approved me for my highest credit limit. I was so happy with them at the time that I moved my checking over to BoA too, where I remain a happy customer.
Regular Contributor
wcnghj

wcnghj wrote:

So is this the luv button? The one that pulls a S-IQ?

https://ccss-rva.bankofamerica.com/ccss/creditLineIncreaseEForm.el_uif

Anybody?

04/2009

10/2008

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+