Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secure App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Secure App

My TU fico is up over 110 points in the last 30 days to 620 as of today. I am a checking customer of BofA, and App'd for a $1000 Secured CC. Any Idea what kind of results i can expect? Still have a good amount of baddies and an old B of A Charge off. IMHO my baddies/score dont warrant an unsecured CC with BofA. 

I received the following message after app'ing (could be becasue of fraud alert on my reports)

Thank you very much, we received your application.

If approved you should receive your credit-building Secured Card 7 to 10 days after we successfully verify your information and process your security deposit.

The longer you use your credit card and make your payments on time, the more likely you are to build a solid credit record.

Thank you for choosing a Bank of America credit card.

Can anyone PM me some backdoor recon numbers should I need them - Please and Thank you!

Similar experiences? would love to hear.

Thank You

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Secure App

Called the status line and It said I was declined. who should I call for a RECON?? I do a decent amount of deposit business with BofA.

Message 2 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

call the credit anylist number located in the sticky. when i apped i was declined too for their secured card. i didnt get anywhere by calling the secured dept so i called the credit anylist number and they approved it. the charge off you had with them might be a factor though

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 7
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

To be honest i dont recommend boa. They've always been picky with my sister as she starter to build credit. If you dont find the numer, just call customer service and ask for a credit analyst.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CruzImperial wrote:
To be honest i dont recommend boa. They've always been picky with my sister as she starter to build credit. If you dont find the numer, just call customer service and ask for a credit analyst.

They have the best secured product in the market right now with the possible exception of NFCU (depending if you have access and what your needs are), and the inquiry is already spent.  It's certainly worth calling, and absolutely taking if offered on recon.

        
Message 5 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

I've had a good experience with the BOA secured, graduated in 10 months w/ a PC last month to the cash rewards, and a CLI of 1.2K->3K  this weekend. No guarantees you'll get a good CLI at graduation if you deposit above 1K, or so soon after like i did. There is a lot of YMMV with BOA when it comes to the graduation part(IE how early, hard/soft pull to unsecure, losing the AF, CLIs). All i can say is it worked out pretty good for me paying in full(setup to pay statement balance ASAP after it cuts) and moving 200-500 a month through it

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 7
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

They have the best secured product in the market right now with the possible exception of NFCU (depending if you have access and what your needs are), and the inquiry is already spent.  It's certainly worth calling, and absolutely taking if offered on recon.

No bias here as BOA has always been my familys bank. However, we have had a bad experience with their secured credit card.We gave in cash deposit (maybe $150-200) to open a card for my sister. They told us they would give her back the deposit and convert it to unsecure within a year. Almost 3 years passed.. no deposit refunded. Apparently someone else cashed the check they sent..?? We are still calling requesting a copy of the check(after almost 5 years).

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.