Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secure Credit Cards

tag
goose3500
Contributor

Bank of America Secure Credit Cards

I was wondering can anyone answer this question for me, I was looking to get a secured credit card to rebuild my credit.  I heard bank of america is the best one available but i currently owe them 4000.00 that falls off my CR Feb09.  So the question that i am asking, is will BOA give me the card or deny me or are there other secure cards that are as good as Bank of America. thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Secure Credit Cards

B of A will deny you a secure CC. Why don't you try a credit union or another bank that you already have an account with. I think that I may have read somewhere in the forums that Chase or Citi may have secured cards. Do a search for "secured cards" and see what you come up with. Good Luck to ya!
Message 2 of 5
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I bank with Wells Fargo and they have a secured credit card that follows pretty close with BOA.  I owe them too, and since Wells Fargo gave me the opportunity checking account I will refer them everywhere!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

goose3500 wrote:
I was wondering can anyone answer this question for me, I was looking to get a secured credit card to rebuild my credit.  I heard bank of america is the best one available but i currently owe them 4000.00 that falls off my CR Feb09.  So the question that i am asking, is will BOA give me the card or deny me or are there other secure cards that are as good as Bank of America. thank you

I agree the BofA secured card is awesome, but BofA will definitely deny you as long as that delinquency remains on your report so save yourself an inq.  You are not, however, doomed to a BofA-free existence as BofA seems willing to "kiss and makeup" once the delinquency is gone from your reports so I would definitely wait until it drops off.  As far as prime lenders go, I hear Citi also has a secured card, but I don't know anything about it.  Hopefully others will chime in.  Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Hi goose,

I'm not sure of BOA will decline you since they can't get hurt on the deal, but I can tell you it is a good choice for a secured card. That's how I began to rebuild my credit a couple of years ago. They report promptly with all 3 bureaus, and after one year they will unsecure it. BOA is also VERY generous with credit line increases. Shortly after they unsecured, the CL was raised to $3,000 and now I have 7,200 with them.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.