Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card And Capital One Forgiveness

tag
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Bank of America Secured Card And Capital One Forgiveness

I recently applied for a Bank of America Fully secured card and was recently declined.  I read the forums and decided to try a Capital One Secured card even though I had a charge off about 5 years with them that was PIF on Dec of 08.  The rep I spoke to was friendly and assured me that I should be in good standing to be accepted depending on the rest of my history, which most recently has no delinquent accounts.  They accepted it and I gave them 49 dollars for a 200 dollar limit.  I know its low but plan to put about 500 more into it this friday. 

I was still mad that I had a hard inquiry from bank of america and found out (from this site) about backdoor numbers.  The rep I spoke to read my history back and stated why I was denied.  I then politely argued back that since May of this year I can provide documentation that those accts were PIF and on my experian report it reflects that.  She then placed me on hold and when she picked up she recon'd my application and stated I am showing responsibility and she recommended that I use the card sparingly and they like to see PIF's every month even though its not required.  Thanks to the knowledge of this site I was able to get credit lines over four times my deposit and yes backdoor number work like a charm.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card And Capital One Forgiveness

Welcome to the forum! Congrats! Stick with those cards for a while to prove yourself and you should be on your way to a better score!

Message 2 of 3
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card And Capital One Forgiveness

Thanks from my research here my eq fico score began as a 515 and within the last year its grown to 584. I read these two were the best for those who obtained a line of credit from them...that's why I applied for them. BofA was a longshot but was surprised at my dealings with the rep who then overturned the decision. Now I have three credit accts and an installment acct from my student loans in good standing...maybe in December I will get a store card wen two inquires get deleted and ill only have 2 HI's left.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.