cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

Hello All,

I applied online for a Bank of America Secured card the day before yesterday and I immediately received this message:

Thank you very much, we received your application. If approved you should receive your credit-building Secured Card 7 to 10 days after we successfully verify your information and process your security deposit. The longer you use your credit card and make your payments on time, the more likely you are to build a solid credit record.Thank you for choosing a Bank of America credit card.

I also got an email that says we've reached a credit decision - and it redirects me to the message above again.  They haven't debited by account for the deposit yet so I don't know if I've been approved or not.

Anyone have experience with this?  Am I approved or denied???  Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

I got the same message as you did. I was approved, but it did take a few days to hear a decision. I dont know if everyone gets that message, but Good luck!
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message Cain!!  I hope I have the same outcome as you!  I have been working hard to get my scores up and this will be a huge milestone for me if I can get this one.....

Fingers crossed!!!

Message 3 of 40
texasman07
Established Contributor

I got that message but my account was immediately debited the next day and 2 days later, it showed up on my Experian Report as a Secured account

Message 4 of 40
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I think I received a similar message, but I called the next day becase I had to know Smiley Happy

I was approved

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called and I wasn't so lucky - it was an automated message saying I wasn't approved....is there anything I can do?  Should I try to talk with a person live to ask if they can reconsider???

Such a bummer!!   I guess I have to keep working away at my reports and fico scores..... 

Message 6 of 40
thegooch

What were your credit scores when you applied and got approved? Did you have any charge offs or lates on your report? 

Message 7 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you should call the secured underwriting department located in back door numbers thread above.

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved but it took about a week to get a decision. I'm sorry you weren't approved. Maybe you can try Capital One Secured.

Message 9 of 40
chan85
Established Contributor

Does Cap1 report as a secured card? I see in the post above that BoA does, but I feel like creditors judge that it is secured so I don't know if I would want that part reported.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.