cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card Backdoor Success!!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Bank of America Secured Card Backdoor Success!!!!

On Saturday I applied for BOA Secured Card with a $300 deposit, I got the 7 to 10 day notice after i submitted the app. Today I first call the backdoor number 800-824-5895 and a very nice lady answers and I said "I would like to check on the status of my app and see if you require more information" and she pulls up my app and says "pending collateral" and didn't have any more info, so she transfered me to the backdoor actually 888-260-4696. A very nice guy answered and I said "I would like to check on the status of my app and see if you require more information" this is the same i said to the rep at the first backdoor, and he pulls up my app and says Congradulations I was approved! It wil take 4 days they said to debit my account, then put into their internal deposit account blah blah blah and i wil have my card in 7 to 10 days. In all this excitement i forgot to ask about rewards i have been seeing others get with this card, and well i don't want to push my luck either, since I'm on my way to prime credit! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card Backdoor Success!!!!

grats on getting the card. Get the rewards thing out of the way now if you can since you don't actually have it in hand yet, so it's not really an extra 3 weeks of waiting for it like the rest of us. There is a lot of BOA hate, but the secured card, whether fully or partially secured, has been pretty good to me and many others.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 11
linux007969
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

grats on getting the card. Get the rewards thing out of the way now if you can since you don't actually have it in hand yet, so it's not really an extra 3 weeks of waiting for it like the rest of us. There is a lot of BOA hate, but the secured card, whether fully or partially secured, has been pretty good to me and many others.

Well at this point I don't care about the rewards as long as this card will graduate and grow with me more than Capital One. This will bring me to 5 cards, I gotta be very careful not to get into credit card debt, thankfully i use quicken to keep track of every cent, but i could still get into trouble. I will probably close Amazon next year or just let GE Close it for me, if not then i will close Capital One after about 3 years, since they may never grow with me from what i have seen on this forum. My next plan too is to garden as much as i can and apply for a PNC Visa (my bank) in like 3 years, close Capital one, get a Discover card in the future (gotta make $10,000 or more first) then get an Amex while i'm at it, but till then I'll garden as much as i can! Thanks everyone who has helped me on this forum so far!!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well, without the rewards the BOFA secured card is just a good secured product, with a $39 AF that graduates and eventually grows assuming BOFA remains the same with their CLI policies as they have been historically.

With rewards, your other 4 cards get promoted to toys for ones kid, coasters, or doggie chew toy even I suppose.  Pretty pointless from a use perspective other than something once a month or whatever to keep the tradelines active.  Sure it's only 1, 2, or 3% respectively, but that's better than nothing.

        
Message 4 of 11
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Well, without the rewards the BOFA secured card is just a good secured product, with a $39 AF that graduates and eventually grows assuming BOFA remains the same with their CLI policies as they have been historically.

With rewards, your other 4 cards get promoted to toys for ones kid, coasters, or doggie chew toy even I suppose.  Pretty pointless from a use perspective other than something once a month or whatever to keep the tradelines active.  Sure it's only 1, 2, or 3% respectively, but that's better than nothing.

Maybe toward the end of this year i may call and see if i can get rewards added. I get 1% with my Paypal, which is nice cuz I just leave the cash back in my papal so when i use the card next it just takes the cash back first then debits the rest from Smart Connect, so it's like i get a small discount on a future purchase each month, cuz there is no point in depositing $2 or $3 into my bank account from paypal each month... lol, So I do see Cash Back is nice, but I am so very lucky to have established enough history so quickly to be on my way to prime! I started from zero and worked my way up in 5 to 6 months & I don't even make a whole lot of money yet, so I am extremely lucky, & I just gotta keep moving in the right direction and never look back, & stay out of trouble! This is awesome that people are taking a chance with me!!!! I thank everyone on this forum for giving me courage and strength to build my credit up!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update ***   I called the 888-260-4696 Backdoor again and asked to have 1 2 3 rewards added before my card shipps out and a really very nice lady answered and told me that I have to wait till my card arrives and i activate it, then call in and ask for it, then it will take 2 to 4 weeks to review and mail me out another card. So far this has been an awesome expirence with Bank of America, I get very nice reps when i call!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
YahComb
Established Contributor

That stinks man. People have reported getting changed to the cash rewards before having the original card in hand. Maybe its diff for secured cards, though I don't see why it should be. Or maybe it's one of those things where you just get lucky and find the most lenient reps sometimes.
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Message 7 of 11
linux007969
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:
That stinks man. People have reported getting changed to the cash rewards before having the original card in hand. Maybe its diff for secured cards, though I don't see why it should be. Or maybe it's one of those things where you just get lucky and find the most lenient reps sometimes.

Well I'm not trying to push my luck, so i'll just wait till the card arrives. So far the repa are nicer than those at CapOne, lol that's not hard to do.... lmao! The BOA Reps seem nice and cheerful when they answer the phone and talk to me, compaired to CapOne, with CapOne their tone of voice hasn't been as nice, even with a senior account rep i spoke with earlier last week. So let's hope BOA doesn't screw me over, cuz their customer service rocks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@YahComb wrote:

Because the deposit has to be processed and registered with FIA services and who knows what else that stupid account in AZ requires, it takes a bit to get into the system.

Presumably once you can login to the BOFA interface and see the account, there's a non-zero chance that you can get it added; however, there's a good chance it's not in the system from a servicing perspective yet.

        
Message 9 of 11
YahComb
Established Contributor

ahh you're right revelate, i forgot how long that part takes. I remember now when i upped my deposit in april, i sent the check to Arizona on april 4. it was April 16th when the money was finally deducted from my Account. It's too bad they don't allow a simple ACH transfer except on the initial setup. Not as much of an issue if you bank with them though.

I guess it's not a big deal though, you will get rewards credited to your original card before the new card is sent out.

Newest to Oldest

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.