cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card to rebuild credit?

tag
Mizsass
Valued Member

Re: Bank of America Secured Card to rebuild credit?

I got this card in November of 2006... my scores were probably in the upper 500's at that time. It went unsecured 11 months later. Then the card became the Emerging Credit Platinum Visa earlier this year and I couldn't get auto CLI's. Yesterday I called the backdoor number and got a cli to 1,000. I intend on calling back in a month or two for another CLI.

Its been a good card, and my APR has dropped quite a bit in the past year.

Thanks!
Message 11 of 24
kkbrown7023

Hi,

When I intially applied with BOA I was offered the 99/500 option instead.  I ended up letting it get to collections after I lost my job.  Once re-employed I paid the collections, and got their fully secured card w/ $1500 limit.  Just wondering what is the backdoor number to get a CLI or unsecured card??
Message 12 of 24
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

@ kkbrown

Do you know what your scores were?

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe BofA is looking for 1 year from last baddie and they will approve.
Atleast that's what they said for BK.
They never said anything about score.
Message 14 of 24
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I am going to try to call one of the BOA backdoor numbers and see if they can give me more info. The thing is I really want the 99/500 card. But I dont want to take the 2 hard pulls.

Thanks

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no way around that. I have had 3 hard pulls from BofA on my road to a secured card!
In the end it will be WAY worth it when I prove to them I'm a good customer and get upgraded!
Message 16 of 24
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

excellent rebuilder card.  i got mine (99/500) in 4/08 w/scores in the high 500s and several baddies- though no new baddies since 2003.  ba approved me w/an unpaid tax lien (trying to resolve), so they're not entirely public record friendly (unlike wells fargo who won't approve you w/unpaid public records).  i've been running 500+ through the cc every mo. in hopes of showing ba i can more than handle their cc, so hopefully they'll give me a nice CLI upon graduation.  once BA graduates, i can kiss the last of my subprimes (First premier, orchard) bye bye and hopefully keep moving on up in 'prime land.'
Message 17 of 24
kkbrown7023

Just wondering what is the backdoor number to get a CLI or unsecured card for BOA??
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

kkbrown7023 wrote:
  Just wondering what is the backdoor number to get a CLI or unsecured card for BOA??

It's in the first post of the Backdoor Numbers thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone update me on this? 

My Ex report has two paid collections (one paid in 2/10 the other 10/08) with an aaoa of 1999 and one new credit, my car loan.  I do not have anything else other than paid closed old accounts from 2000.  I am interested in building now but I am a bit lost.  Should I apply for a secured card or the unsecured and hope I get offered the 99/500?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.