Regular Contributor
Rebuilding101

Re: Bank of America Secured Card to rebuild credit?

99/500 is no longer offered, but you can go for the fully secured card. Or you can try to get pre-approved for the best buy reward zone card, that one seems to be pretty generous in their approvals lately

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
tray

Gypsystravels wrote:

Can someone update me on this? 

My Ex report has two paid collections (one paid in 2/10 the other 10/08) with an aaoa of 1999 and one new credit, my car loan.  I do not have anything else other than paid closed old accounts from 2000.  I am interested in building now but I am a bit lost.  Should I apply for a secured card or the unsecured and hope I get offered the 99/500?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a BOA branch next to you I would go there and see if you can open up a secured cc with them you can see if you can get the 99/500 but I doubt it.  This is what I did to get my secured BOA card I also opened up a savings account at the same time, placed a minimal amount of money at the time to also build a relationship with the bank.  But if no bank is next to you, I would call BOA and see what they can do for you and if they could direct you to where on-line you can fill out an app.  Nowadys it is very difficult to find the secured cc app site.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Regular Contributor
Rebuilding101

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/marketingdetail.action?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_...

Go to bofa.com

Click Credit Cards

Click Build Credit

apply

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
lovinmyfico

Thanks for the information.  I have a BOA branch conveniently located a block from my job, will pop in there during lunch and see what they tell me. 

Really need a card to start rebuilding. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+