cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card to rebuild credit?

tag
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card to rebuild credit?

99/500 is no longer offered, but you can go for the fully secured card. Or you can try to get pre-approved for the best buy reward zone card, that one seems to be pretty generous in their approvals lately

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
tray
Valued Contributor

@Gypsystravels wrote:

Can someone update me on this? 

My Ex report has two paid collections (one paid in 2/10 the other 10/08) with an aaoa of 1999 and one new credit, my car loan.  I do not have anything else other than paid closed old accounts from 2000.  I am interested in building now but I am a bit lost.  Should I apply for a secured card or the unsecured and hope I get offered the 99/500?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a BOA branch next to you I would go there and see if you can open up a secured cc with them you can see if you can get the 99/500 but I doubt it.  This is what I did to get my secured BOA card I also opened up a savings account at the same time, placed a minimal amount of money at the time to also build a relationship with the bank.  But if no bank is next to you, I would call BOA and see what they can do for you and if they could direct you to where on-line you can fill out an app.  Nowadys it is very difficult to find the secured cc app site.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 22 of 24
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/marketingdetail.action?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_...

Go to bofa.com

Click Credit Cards

Click Build Credit

apply

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
lovinmyfico
Contributor

Thanks for the information.  I have a BOA branch conveniently located a block from my job, will pop in there during lunch and see what they tell me. 

Really need a card to start rebuilding. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.