Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America / Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America / Secured Card

Hi,

I have been lurking on the BOA website for the past month waiting for them to post info on their secured card. They had originally said they were going to put it back online by October 1st but that did not happen. I called them and they are no longer going to have it on their website. You have to call in to request an application for a secured card to be mailed to you. My experience with them has proven that actually getting through to them is nearly impossible because every time you call, you are placed on hold, hold, hold. It took a 20 minute hold for me to just get this info.

Anyone know anything further on this??

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America / Secured Card

A post on another thread said that you could app for the secured inside a branch bank. (Just passing this along.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I don't live near a branch. The closest branch is 250 miles from me.

Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I think you are just going to have to bite the bullet and stay on hold to speak with the secured card department. Try to call at a time when the call volumes might be less. (Not Monday AM, probably better during business hours.)
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

after working with my Bank of America Secured card for 11 months and then getting it unsecured and working with it another 6 months to then have it closed after I call and ask about rewards program, I would go to a stronger bank like Citibank or USBank that isn't yanking cards out from underneath people as fast as they can.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.