cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Credit Card Early Graduation

tag
ebaby

Re: Bank of America Secured Credit Card Early Graduation

I had $1,000.00 deposit on my Bank of America secured credit card. A week after my eleventh statement, I went on-line to pay and noticed my credit line increased from $1,000.00 to $2,000.00.

Dis the card become unsecured? Where is my deposit? Is it partually unsecured? The chat line representative told me it was still unsecured. They reviewed my history. It was now partially secured. He couldn't answer my questions as to why they didn't unsecure the card as it was about to graduate anyway, and as they "doubled my credit line) dis I fail the test for the card to graduate. He provided the phone number and I went straight to a credit analyst.

The analyst confirmed that the card was partially unsecured.It was almsot the one year anniversay. He told me the card wouldn't graduate automaticlly and I would have to go through a review (and a hard pull) My understanding is that I had to go through this review (and experience the hard pull) if I chose to do it thee and then or wait.

I answered his three or four quesitons without any hesitation, and after placing me on hold, He congratulated me on having the card unsecured, increased the credit line by another $1,500.00 without asking. The deposit was transfered to my Bank of America checking that afternoon.

He product changed the card to cash back rewards, (no annual fee). The new card will include the history but will have a new number

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Secured Credit Card Early Graduation

Hi guys. So are you saying once my BOA 123 cash rewards card unsecured, I can immediately ask for the card to be PC to their Amex version? 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.