Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Bank of America Secured Credit Card Question?

I put in an app for a bank of America secured credit card and got the we will wright you by US mail with in 30 days. For my deposit I put in $4,900 the max they will take. My question is will it be approved because of the deposit or could they decline it? The whole reason I want to know is I don't want to be going 30 days not knowing if that $4,900 is going to be coming out of my account 3 or 4 weeks from now and not be able to do anything with it if they are going to decline it. Would I be able to call them would they be able to tell me?

Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Credit Card Question?

Any derogs on your report? Most notably a BK.

Nothing at all only one collation for about $300 that I DO NOT owe. It's been disputed .

New Contributor

That $300 collection/dispute could be holding up the party.
Contributor

BofA secured card services is slow.  It took at least two weeks for them to process and approve my application but they didn't take the $ from my account until after it was approved.

NEW GARDEN CLUB MEMBER as of 3/23/2013. No activity until 8/2015 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Score:
Current Score (as of 3/19/2013): 663
Goal Score: 750.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor

They will try to charge you annual fee after 5 years just like me. still fighting to convert it if i cant will close before jan 2013 hit . Sadly will lose 5k credit line line but I ll close i don't care they pissed me off Smiley Happy
BOFA Master 5k# BOFA Visa 15k flex#Amex BCE 13.5k#chase freedom 5k#capital one $2000 2009#HSBC 1k closed 2009 (those guys kidding with limits)

FICO (lenders pull)scores 739 - 742 - 730 October 2012#length of history from Jan/2008
Business account###Capital one spark 2k
Blogger

mustangy wrote:
They will try to charge you annual fee after 5 years just like me. still fighting to convert it if i cant will close before jan 2013 hit . Sadly will lose 5k credit line line but I ll close i don't care they pissed me off Smiley Happy

5 years is really exceptional. If you can't get it straight with a credit analyst, tell him/her you will close the account. 

New Contributor

Ohhh god finally they convert it boa amex accelerated rewards those banks are some time insane i know international students they have amex and other cc CLI total 80k and i m citizen here in usa paid every month try to build credit for house buying and get declined Discover amex biz chase citi etc. Awsome works credit analyst those student wont pay the bill when they go back the country THANKS AGAIN FOR WORKING HARD !!!
BOFA Master 5k# BOFA Visa 15k flex#Amex BCE 13.5k#chase freedom 5k#capital one $2000 2009#HSBC 1k closed 2009 (those guys kidding with limits)

FICO (lenders pull)scores 739 - 742 - 730 October 2012#length of history from Jan/2008
Valued Member

I applied on Tuesday for a BoA secured card with a 2000 deposit. I also got the 30 day wait message but by Thursday they had debited my account and the new account is showing up when I log into the site. I still haven't received the card but hopefully it comes right after the New Year.

I have two major baddies one charge off for $600 and a medical collection.

Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Red Aviator Card $5,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $5,000 | AMEX Everyday $3,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4000 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Highlighted
New Contributor

its mean your card is printed its take 4 days for new york now its holiday and i think you will get it by first a few days jan 2013 actually they are waiting for billing date then transfer every thing to new card but they have explain it to customers i called 10 time different phone number . CONGRATS Smiley Happy

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.