Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Rewards Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Secured Rewards Card?

Hello friends! I just got a prescreened offer in the mail for a Bank of America secured card... Actually, it's for the partially secured card, allowing a $99 deposit for a $500 limit. I have two cards already (CapOne secured with a $99 deposit for $200 limit and Chase Platinum with a $3200 limit as an authorized user) and wasn't really planning on getting another just yet, but I hear the partially secured offer is somewhat rare, and the card might actually graduate, unlike CapOne. So it seems like it might be worth it to go with it. My question is this: I know they have a secured REWARDS card, but it's only offered to certain people and obviously they didn't offer it to me. Is there a strategy to get this secured card converted into the secured rewards card? I did a search on this board and something came up about calling them but it wasn't very clear. Has anyone had any luck getting them to add the rewards feature to their secured card? Any advice would be much appreciated!

P.S. I do NOT have a checking or savings account with Bank of America.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Bank of America Secured Rewards Card?

Moving to Credit Cards forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Rewards Card?

hey!

The BoA secured card is a pretty good deal, especially the partially secured one. All you have to do is call once you've been approved and ask them to add rewards onto your account and voila. 

Add them ASAP after approval though because it does take some time. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.