cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured to Unsecured credit card account.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured to Unsecured credit card account.

Go do the Pre-Approval on Chase.... I think if they give you offer it's a VERY HIGH chance you will be approved.

Citi Forward has shown lots of love in past for people with very little credit.

I happen to dislike BofA a LOT! I did the whole secured thing way back in 2007/2008 or so and unsecured and increased $500 after 9 months.... flash forward to about 15-18 months I found it CLOSED due to information on credit report... I was in a ch 13 BK before i got the secured card... so not only had my bk gotten older but more of the negative accounts had been removed... still no... i try to stay way clear now!

i would not get another secured card if it includes HSBC (can you even do, they are Capital One now?)

I would skip Capital One if you can also.... this BofA would be the only secured card I would want if I had scores in mid 700's!

How about some GE accounts, Walmart, Gap, Chevron, Sams...  or Macy's, Bloomingdales, Saks, etc.

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, will the BOA secured card remain a visa once it graduate to unsecured? Or will it transition to a Master Card?
Message 22 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would assume stay visa
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I seen a Master card today so I wasn't sure if those were the unsecured versions. Thanks.
Message 24 of 41
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys, will the BOA secured card remain a visa once it graduate to unsecured? Or will it transition to a Master Card?

It will remain a visa.

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

same card, same annual fee, same high interest rate, same credit limt. Well thats what happened last week when i went unsecured at the end of year 1.

Message 26 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

same card, same annual fee, same high interest rate, same credit limt. Well thats what happened last week when i went unsecured at the end of year 1.

As has been said before, you should call them to request removal of the annual fee.
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once it graduates you can request a product change. After mine graduated I changed it to the cash rewards and I think I read a few changed it to the Amex, but you would have to request the change. Also even though they didn't unsecure for you the card can help you get other approvals. Your history with boa will now open other doors for unsecured cards. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Thanks for the info. I would have never thought this card, once unsecured, would be able to be converted into something else, let alone amex. Mines is currently a 123 cash rewards. Thanks again.

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's an amex that is backed by boa though

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the info. I would have never thought this card, once unsecured, would be able to be converted into something else, let alone amex. Mines is currently a 123 cash rewards. Thanks again.

. I can't tell you anything about it because I don't have it, but it is on the boa site under travel and airline rewards cards.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.