Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Bank of America Secured to Unsecured credit card account.

Go do the Pre-Approval on Chase.... I think if they give you offer it's a VERY HIGH chance you will be approved.

Citi Forward has shown lots of love in past for people with very little credit.

I happen to dislike BofA a LOT! I did the whole secured thing way back in 2007/2008 or so and unsecured and increased $500 after 9 months.... flash forward to about 15-18 months I found it CLOSED due to information on credit report... I was in a ch 13 BK before i got the secured card... so not only had my bk gotten older but more of the negative accounts had been removed... still no... i try to stay way clear now!

i would not get another secured card if it includes HSBC (can you even do, they are Capital One now?)

I would skip Capital One if you can also.... this BofA would be the only secured card I would want if I had scores in mid 700's!

How about some GE accounts, Walmart, Gap, Chevron, Sams...  or Macy's, Bloomingdales, Saks, etc.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+