Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured

tag
MsTime4Change
Established Member

Bank of America Secured

Hello, I have been banking with BOA for years. I would like one of their cards. When went to the pre approval site it told me I was "preselected" for the BOA Cash Rewards Secured Credit card. I kinda dont want to go the secured route but if thats my only way in it may be worth it. to build that relationship.  Wanted to check in before I go for it. My CK score is at a 599 right now. I just received my NFCU Cash Rewards for SL $8200 last week, I have Cap 1 Plat CL $750, Cap 1 QS $1250, Discover Secured $1000, Barclays CL $500. Thanks guys!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured

If you 5 cards already you don't need a secured card IMO. Wait until your scores improve over time. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were 800+ FICO scores.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Secured

@MsTime4Change wrote:

Hello, I have been banking with BOA for years. I would like one of their cards. When went to the pre approval site it told me I was "preselected" for the BOA Cash Rewards Secured Credit card. I kinda dont want to go the secured route but if thats my only way in it may be worth it. Wanted to check in before I go for it. My CK score is at a 599 right now. I just received my NFCU Cash Rewards for SL $8200 last week, I have Cap 1 Plat CL $750, Cap 1 QS $1250, Discover Secured $1000, Barclays CL $500. Thanks guys!

If that will open up the door with BoA, then go for it.  It's my understanding from reading other posts in the forum that BoA does sometimes unsecure the card before the 12 months is up....and congrats on the NFCU approval.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.