Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Sucks

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Sucks

I've had so many problems with incompetence at Bank of America that I closed all my accounts with them, including a credit card that I paid off to a zero balance. Still getting bills from them indicating payment due but amount is zero. Finally had to get past no-help CSR's to a supervisor to get the billings stopped once and for all.

And they wonder why I closed my accounts with them!

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Sucks

@missypants wrote:

I've had so many problems with incompetence at Bank of America that I closed all my accounts with them, including a credit card that I paid off to a zero balance. Still getting bills from them indicating payment due but amount is zero. Finally had to get past no-help CSR's to a supervisor to get the billings stopped once and for all.

And they wonder why I closed my accounts with them!

Yup they sure are.  I closed my account with them out of frustration.  Each time I needed to call, I was transferred to several different numbers.  Plus, me an BOA has a big blow up about an HELOC inquiry being listed on my EX report.    I have since reopened the account. Now, I just avoid calling them.  

Message 2 of 7
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

You reopened the account?

You've just ventured back into the belly of the beast, my friend.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@missypants wrote:

You reopened the account?

You've just ventured back into the belly of the beast, my friend.

I needed the CL to reach my overall total credit limit goal last year.  I never charge more that $25 on the card.  So, I shouldn't need to call about anything.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no real problems with them, other than they are a big bank and I realize I am a number in the system and they are too large to be personal.  But, their online services, ATM's and other services are probably the best, IMO.

As for CS, well that is a mixed bag and will depend on who you get, in which call center, if they had their coffee, etc.

I've been with them for years, and will continue because of the services and large network accessibility.  But CU's are my favorite to deal with by far.

IMO IME Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

+1

I too have had a CC with BoA for over a year now and have had regular CLI's (3),  and great customer service.

FYI, the CL started at 5K, increased to 7.5K at 6 mo., increased to 10K at 9 mo. and 12.5K at one year.  Each CLI was the result of calling in.  I have never hit the CLI button on the website and they have never asked for documents . . . Go figger.

But, with all the horror stories on here about them, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
okiesean
New Contributor

The only thing, and I mean ONLY THING, I like about my brothers BofA credit card is the shopsafe system. You can generate a credit card number with an individual limit that can be a one time use or repeated use and each number is for a specific merchant only. That way a compromised shopsafe number is virtually worthless except to the merchant it was created for. It really is a slick system to use. I had him cut up his card and he uses the shopsafe for recurring bills and emergency one time uses.

FYI They have a same day payment system now that does not charge a fee. I was told you have up to 1159pm the day the payment is due to use the system for same day payments, but be sure to call and ask for yourself before taking what I was told as gospel.  I will find the link and post it back here.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.