tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America -- Wow what a joke

@RyVision wrote:

@vizon wrote:

@namvet wrote:

@vizon wrote:

My reasons for leaving it open is that it is my oldest card. I really don't like them though, so its time to kick them to the curb.

I've kicked my oldest card to the curb before.  I've never got into like or dislike about credit cards.   Sometimes you gotta weigh the pros and cons before you pull the trigger.  You are the only one that knows what is best for you.  Time will take care of many of your errors.

I am confused, what errors are you speaking of?

Since I noticed he hasn't responded (probably hasn't seen the post yet). I'll stick my neck out and, from what he wrote, that NV meant if someone picks a card or something they regret getting later, it's just part of life and like the errors we all make in life (we all make them) time usually clears them up (like a card I got in "error" myself LOL). And I think he's agreeing with you on your idea about kicking the card to the curb.

I do know he wasn't implying you had made errors handling your credit, I've never noticed him speculate to that degree if you're wondering.  Nothing negative if you're wondering, least not that I can see.  He'll probably clarify better himself  later when he sees your response.

Thanks Ryvision.....sorry i did just see the post.  Didn't do such a good job of explaining myself, sorry OP.  Ryvision did explain what i was trying to say quite well.  Nothing negative implied.  Posts can sometimes be a little harsh if not fully explained.  Hope that clears this up. 

Message 11 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank of America -- Wow what a joke

@namvet wrote:

@vizon wrote:

So I have been dealing with BoA lately and it has been almost impossible to get anything done with them. They had inaccurate reportings on my credit, so I contacted them to fix it. I also disputed with Experian and it came back verified of course.. even though on 3 phone calls they admit to me it was a complete mistake.

Well, when I turned 18 I opened a BoA card. It had a $59 annual fee. WHAT A JOKE. I was told if I did a PC, I would get the annual fee removed... So now I get an email saying my account number has changed to my new BankofAmericard 123 rewards. I contacted their live chat customer services and inquired if the annual fee had been removed. NOPE. The person at BoA had unfortunately given me false information.

So now what do I do? I have prime credit, so what should I do? BoA just has been such a hassle! I was denied an Amex BCE because my utilization is regularly paid off. I called the executive office and she told me basically because I do not carry a balance, I will NOT get the card until I carry one.

I have a Chase Freedom now, and prefer to stay away from Cap1. Any suggestions? Close the BoA account OR keep it open until Jan of 2013 for an extra year of reporting since I hraineave paid the annual fee already, etc.

Might as well and join the crowd and close it down.  You have clearly posted the reasons you don't want BOA.  Go ahead and beat em to the punch! 

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.