cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America accidental late payment.

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America accidental late payment.

I lend my dad my card a while back to buy us some pizzas at pizza hut.  Its a card that I never ever use.

I completely forgot about this card and I just happened to login and see (Late Fee)...almost had a slight heart attack, my body got warm and I felt a rush from my head to my toes.  To me a late payment is just something that cant happen. I am addicted to my FICO score.

I paid immedeately seconds after I saw this but it says Pending.  It says closing date is 7/19/2014..The due date is 7/16/14.  I paid today 7/18/14.

Since it closes tomorrow it may still be pending.  Is my life ruined and will this show up on my credit report as a late payment?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America accidental late payment.

It will not show up on your reports, but your APR may go up ... I would call BOA and explain to them what happened. 

Message 2 of 19
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

I am assuming any chances of a credit limit increase are gone. Smiley Sad

I feel so bad that pizza could ruin my life.

Message 3 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I lend my dad my card a while back to buy us some pizzas at pizza hut.  Its a card that I never ever use.

I completely forgot about this card and I just happened to login and see (Late Fee)...almost had a slight heart attack, my body got warm and I felt a rush from my head to my toes.  To me a late payment is just something that cant happen. I am addicted to my FICO score.

I paid immedeately seconds after I saw this but it says Pending.  It says closing date is 7/19/2014..The due date is 7/16/14.  I paid today 7/18/14.

Since it closes tomorrow it may still be pending.  Is my life ruined and will this show up on my credit report as a late payment?

like due date for the first month you missed the payment 7-16 or it's already been a statement and this is your 2nd statement due date 7-16?

30 day lates being reported are really like being 2 months behind on a credit card payment (almost always, ill add for those that want to argue with me)

Message 4 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

Your credit report is fine, but your APR may have increased to the penalty APR, so you should no longer use this card to carry balances (if that is something you did before).

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

It will not show up on your reports, but your APR may go up ... I would call BOA and explain to them what happened. 

Couldn't hurt. The earliest they can report a late is 30 days. you were only three, or maybe six depending on when the payment posts.

Message 6 of 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I am assuming any chances of a credit limit increase are gone. Smiley Sad

I feel so bad that pizza could ruin my life.

Not necessarily. Call them and explain to them. They may even credit you the late fee back. But definitely call. Because this was your first time, I am sure they will understand. Specially for the prize of a pizza!

Message 7 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Default APR only happens after you have missed 2 payments.

and even still I'm not sure they would even consider the 2 days late.

Message 8 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It has to be over 30 days late before it reports to the credit bureaus. You could try calling and ask for a removal of late fees. It would also wouldn't hurt to have auto pay of at least the minimum to avoid this happening again.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Setup auto pay on all cards now.......lesson learned 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.