cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America account closed due to report from Visa?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America account closed due to report from Visa?

Barclays is doing this too with cards used at Target during the breach. 

Frequent Contributor

Received my new cards today. I think it must have been the Target breach, considering the other anecdotal evidence above. The car wash charge I thought may have caused the situation posted as a cash advance, but they did not charge a fee. I am not sure what that was about, but I am not going to use my card at such a shady place again.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Established Member

BofA assured that all previous charges will be posted once new statement is generated, so your car wash still has a chance to be paid :-)
Revolving: BofA Cash rewards, Cap1 QuickSilver, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Visa Signature, DCU Visa Platinum
Car Loan: AHFC
Contributor

They did the same thing to me, but I did not shop at Target. The card has only been used to pay my MyFico membership for several months, not sure where or when it would have been compromised...

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|