Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America at it again, big surprise.. NOT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America at it again, big surprise.. NOT

Capital one did the same thing to me (ON BLACK FRIDAY) They called to tell me about the lower limit as my husband was out shopping. I had to call him and tell him to use a different card.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELLO EVERYONE....First time on the forum.

I must be low on the totem pole...because they have left me alone for the most part. They did raise the rate from 9% to 19.9% but I don't carry a balance.

Message 12 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fortunately they have left my CL alone.  But I use the heck out of it...often nearly maxing it, but I never let the balance ride out for very long....up to 90 days maybe then PIF.

I snagged a $1000 CLI from BOA a few months back.  BOA still owes me $2k more in CLI's. 

Message 13 of 16
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

BofA has yet to CLD my account.  I paid off a VERY large balance two weeks ago.  ** fingers crossed **
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

We cancelled Capitol One because there's an annual fee. We weren't going to use the card any more so we didn't want to pay the fee. Because BoA cut the credit limit when we have done nothing wrong, I no longer want to give them our business. We still have two other credit cards that have very little charged on them but higher credit limits than the BOA card so we will be OK as far as our credit score.
Message 15 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@beachboi21 wrote:
Bank of America has really gone downhill in terms of customer service. so glad i took my biz elsewhere. their are a million banks dying for your biz.  nobody needs to put with the crap of bofa.

The biggest problem with BOA is they have too many numbers.

No the biggest problem with BofA is that they still are in business.

The way to treat BofA or any CCC that is inclined to pratice AA is to make the PIF'ing and then journey to the sock drawer as quick as possible.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.