Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America cli request question

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Bank of America cli request question

Good evening everyone!

Ive had my Bank of America Better Balance Rewards mastercard for a little more than 3 months now. Today ive noticed 2 things concerning my account. For the first time i see the request credit line increase button on my account that i was unable to see before and when viewing my most recent Ex report after disputing some errors, i also noticed BOA soft pulled my Ex on 6th of June.
I know that any cli with them will be a hard pull from what ive gathered from this great forum .

My question is seeing as they soft pulled me and now have given my the option to cli, is this a good sign to try for a cli or is this just standard?
Also, does anyone know which bureau they usually pull for clis?
As i would like to adhere to some more experienced myficoers is it advisable to wait til i lose some inquiries to better my chances etc?

Currently my cl is $1500 and i have 17 inq on my TU ( 689) 13 inq EX (705) and 20 inq on EQ ( 666). These are my Fico 8 scores . Im still learning on my rebuild journey so i have used some inq that really shouldnt have Smiley Happy Smiley Sad , but as i continue learning here hope to not waste any more HPS just to have a new cc or whatever is fotm. Now i just want to grow what i have now and then in future hp on if it truely is important.
I have my TU and Ex frozen and have been thinking of doing same for my Eq. Thanks everyone for any help and wisdom you may provide. Have a great nightSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America cli request question

All the data that I have seen says that they will almost always pull your TU report for a cli. There are some scattered reports of a SP increase but don't count on it.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for your reply its a good data point to know. I wouldnt necessarily mind 1 more hp on TU but i think i will see if their are more view points so i can weigh the cons vs pros. If its best to wait 6 months im sure my score will improve but hopefully i can read some more opinions before deciding. Thanks again!
Message 3 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I've been hitting them every six months. I started at $5k last June. My TU score was similar to yours in Jan when I requested an increase. They moved me to $10.1k . Last month I requested another and moved to $17.5k. Every six months has worked for me.
Message 4 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds great. I would like this card to grow seeing as its one of my major bank cards. I was actually surprised when i was approved for this card seeing i already had quite a few inqs. Thanks again Gmood1 for your inputSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the "Request Cred Line Increase" blue hyperlink right by my total credit line when I click into account details since I opened the account, is this what you are referring to?

Message 6 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes thats the one im seeing now marinersguy22.
Ive unlocked my TU but am still on the fence as to try now so i can let the hp age starting now. Only thing besides that decision is if i do should i shoot for moon or request something more atainableSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 22
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes thats the one im seeing now marinersguy22.
Ive unlocked my TU but am still on the fence as to try now so i can let the hp age starting now. Only thing besides that decision is if i do should i shoot for moon or request something more atainableSmiley Happy

If hyperlink is showing you are good to request for a CLI, its always good to let 6 months go by so that it increases your chances for a higher CLI. If you decide to pull the trigger you have a 99% chance that it will be a TU HP. Also consider going for the moon, I would say 10k and see what they counter. If they counter you can log out of your account, wait a few minutes and log back in so that your new CL is showing, then hit the request CLI button one more time and both request will be the same HP. IME... Keep us posted if you mash the button.

Message 8 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Bowzer! Sounds like a plan. Only now i gotta think should i wait 3 more months for that maybe better shot at higher cl if given or go for it now. Which ever i decide ill definitly let everyone know how it went. Thanks again for the extra tip on counter offer strategy. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Bowser was thinking of trying right now but i did notice my TU fico actually has dipped from 700 to 689 recently, thanks in part to an old account falling off my report. Do you think it wise to ask for a cli now seeing as they will see the point drop or perhaps just wait the 3 extra months to have 6 months history and hopefully see my score rise again. Thanks and any other thought very welcome!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.