Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America closed my card account :(

tag
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America closed my card account :(

@CreditScholar wrote:
I haven't seen this personally but it wouldn't surprise me if its happening. I charge about $30 per month to my BofA CCs and my total limit with them is $23.2k. Until things in the world settle down, I'm not asking them for anything in fear of getting a CLD.

CreditScholar:

Based on an account review and information obtained from a credit report, we regrettably will be lowering your credit limit to $30 on your charge account ending in 1125.  Based on usage and credit worthiness, this should be sufficient.

Thank you,
Ima Turd
Bank of America

Okay, had to poke a little fun based on my sketchy experience with BoA.  Hey, BTW, they just cancelled my latest Royal Caribbean card (4th time I think).

Message 31 of 37
westo12
Established Contributor

Yeah I'd never try to apply for a new account if they wouldn't reopen an old one with a Bal. That's not that smart lol.
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so sorry that they cancelled your card!  Years ago I they hounded me with their World Points card, I finally got it with a decent credit limit. I put my hubby on the card.  For six weeks these fools kept sending the cards in his name!  It was as if they could not get it right, I called and cancelled the credit card, it was so not worth it.  I had problems with them before when I banked with them and wanted to give them a second chance.

My husband had the same thing happen to him.  They cancelled his card and did not inform him.  He was a huge fan of BoAM.

Message 33 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear . BofA is  a good bank to deal with. I saw people getting their accounts closed within these months.  You haven't missed a thing. Time to move on.  They don't deserve your business.

Ron.

+1...   Horror stories abound about BofA....  Never want to do business with them in any way shape or fashion...    I would just move on if I were you, especially since they aren't budging.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 34 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so sorry that they cancelled your card!  Years ago I they hounded me with their World Points card, I finally got it with a decent credit limit. I put my hubby on the card.  For six weeks these fools kept sending the cards in his name!  It was as if they could not get it right, I called and cancelled the credit card, it was so not worth it.  I had problems with them before when I banked with them and wanted to give them a second chance.

My husband had the same thing happen to him.  They cancelled his card and did not inform him.  He was a huge fan of BoAM.

Seen your siggy cards, Very nice AMEX collection!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 37
Scamp
Valued Contributor
Moved:

"Clipped" aamex's post about better banks than BofA (and the replies to it) and created a new, stand-alone thread in General Credit Topics, as it was TJing this one. - Scamp, Mod

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved:

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.