Regular Contributor
JaysonT

Re: Bank of America closed my card account :(

CreditScholar wrote:
I haven't seen this personally but it wouldn't surprise me if its happening. I charge about $30 per month to my BofA CCs and my total limit with them is $23.2k. Until things in the world settle down, I'm not asking them for anything in fear of getting a CLD.

CreditScholar:

Based on an account review and information obtained from a credit report, we regrettably will be lowering your credit limit to $30 on your charge account ending in 1125.  Based on usage and credit worthiness, this should be sufficient.

Thank you,
Ima Turd
Bank of America

Okay, had to poke a little fun based on my sketchy experience with BoA.  Hey, BTW, they just cancelled my latest Royal Caribbean card (4th time I think).

Established Contributor
westo12

Yeah I'd never try to apply for a new account if they wouldn't reopen an old one with a Bal. That's not that smart lol.
2014 Starting-618, current TU621 (TU 10/20) / Ending Goal score: 720 / 30 Positive TLs / 1 Negative: Unpaid $312 med CA placed 2010 / reported Install Bal/Lim: 25027/36512 | reported Revolving Bal/Lim: 11169/27232=41%util

**IN the garden until I get some auto CLI's on major accts**
Frequent Contributor
ragcajun

I am so sorry that they cancelled your card!  Years ago I they hounded me with their World Points card, I finally got it with a decent credit limit. I put my hubby on the card.  For six weeks these fools kept sending the cards in his name!  It was as if they could not get it right, I called and cancelled the credit card, it was so not worth it.  I had problems with them before when I banked with them and wanted to give them a second chance.

My husband had the same thing happen to him.  They cancelled his card and did not inform him.  He was a huge fan of BoAM.

AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear . BofA is  a good bank to deal with. I saw people getting their accounts closed within these months.  You haven't missed a thing. Time to move on.  They don't deserve your business.

Ron.

+1...   Horror stories abound about BofA....  Never want to do business with them in any way shape or fashion...    I would just move on if I were you, especially since they aren't budging.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

ragcajun wrote:

I am so sorry that they cancelled your card!  Years ago I they hounded me with their World Points card, I finally got it with a decent credit limit. I put my hubby on the card.  For six weeks these fools kept sending the cards in his name!  It was as if they could not get it right, I called and cancelled the credit card, it was so not worth it.  I had problems with them before when I banked with them and wanted to give them a second chance.

My husband had the same thing happen to him.  They cancelled his card and did not inform him.  He was a huge fan of BoAM.

Seen your siggy cards, Very nice AMEX collection!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Scamp

"Clipped" aamex's post about better banks than BofA (and the replies to it) and created a new, stand-alone thread in General Credit Topics, as it was TJing this one. - Scamp, Mod

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

I'm breaking off this message to start a fresh topic for you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}