Established Contributor
grinlikechelsea

Bank of America extra cash back offer

I got some interesting mail today from BoA. I had their Accelerated Cash Rewards Amex before I consolidated the line with my Fidelity card. However, I'm still getting letters about my account even though it supposed to be closed. I'm emailing the executive office about it, just to make sure its taken care of.

Anyways the letter said,

Dear Adam "grinlikechelsea,"

Activate your offer to earn 5% cash back (up to $25) on qualifying airfare, hotel, travel agency, car rental, and cruise purchases made with your Bank of America Rewards American Express Card through March 31, 2014.

Visit bankofamerica.com/easyrewards and use registration code: xxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Bank of America.

Quite a nice surprise even though I can't use it. Anyone else gotten one of these?

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Re: Bank of America extra cash back offer

Yup I got it last month

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
longtime_lurker

This is a sign.... you COULD be getting 5% back on that valet parking charge.....

Valued Contributor
FinStar

An item to keep in mind, the reward offers come from a separate department that has the account linked, nothing more.  Sometimes it takes a while to cross-reference the information before those offers finally stop.  Pretty normal for some banks to have these linger for sometime - it doesn't mean the account is open.  For peace of mind or  kicks and giggles just check your online information or contact them to make sure the account is closed.  But escalating to the EO is a little overkill.

Established Contributor
grinlikechelsea

FinStar wrote:

An item to keep in mind, the reward offers come from a separate department that has the account linked, nothing more.  Sometimes it takes a while to cross-reference the information before those offers finally stop.  Pretty normal for some banks to have these linger for sometime - it doesn't mean the account is open.  For peace of mind or  kicks and giggles just check your online information or contact them to make sure the account is closed.  But escalating to the EO is a little overkill.

Some truth to that. I suppose I'm just so used to emailing the EO about my account because BoA has been a PITA for awhile haha.

No worries, I haven't sent an email yet. I'll call and see what's up.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}