Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America has lost it...

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America has lost it...

voidman wrote: 
I have a theory, if a person lets his util see-saw from <10% to 25% will he have maximum fico rise? I heard that Fico formula loves balance going down, but do they hate equally on balances going up

The FICO algorithm has no memory of past balances. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 11 of 18
SoccerFan
Valued Member

Lyythine, I had the same thing happen to me with my debit/visa card a few weeks ago. Called BofA and they said that Visa had a security breech with a block of acct #'s that included mine. Their Fraud Dept. actually left me a message on the home answering machine (did not check B-4 calling). Maybe why your card was shutdown.
Message 12 of 18
cabana7
Valued Member

My employer just asked to pull my credit for a promotion...told me it was the best credit they had seen in a long time

but wasn't good enough for a credit line increase from B of A...I'm really getting tired of it all...Banks really just don't

want to lend right now....my neighbor was just turned down by BofA for a small loan his credit score was 820 with

no derog...so its not personal its just hitting everyone...credit markets are still not functioning correctly...

Message 13 of 18
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:
Always call the the 800 number or check online when attempting to use a card you had dormant. Save yourself the embarrassment.

OP said they hadn't used it in 1 month. That's not really dormant.

Message 14 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@cabana7 wrote:

My employer just asked to pull my credit for a promotion...told me it was the best credit they had seen in a long time

but wasn't good enough for a credit line increase from B of A...I'm really getting tired of it all...Banks really just don't

want to lend right now....my neighbor was just turned down by BofA for a small loan his credit score was 820 with

no derog...so its not personal its just hitting everyone...credit markets are still not functioning correctly...

Citi keeps granting CLI with soft pulls. YMMV.

Message 15 of 18
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Have you had any missed calls or anything from BofA lately?

Makes me wonder, I've had maybe 2 incidents where I purchased gas from near another campus where I never really travel otherwise and one where I purchased books for classes.

Both times, I've received some sort of e-mail or automated call from BofA in order for them to have me verify if I made those purchases.

Seems like maybe they might've done the same for you (they said you made purchases even when you didn't) and when you don't contact them back or verify they assume the cards been stolen and re-issue it?

Message 16 of 18
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

This story reminds me of what happened in that movie with Ben Affleck and Samuel L. Jackson, "Changing Lanes"

From Wikipedia:

Unfortunately for Banek, he dropped the crucial power of appointment file at the scene of the accident, and the judge gives him until the end of the day to re-obtain the papers and present them. Gipson, who took the papers, has no intention of returning them, and in desperation, Banek goes to someone skilled with computers and gets him to switch off Gipson's credit. Gipson needed credit for a loan so he could buy a house for his family, and he becomes further enraged, determined to make life difficult for Banek.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 17 of 18
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@cabana7 wrote:

Citi keeps granting CLI with soft pulls. YMMV.

Today is my 120 day aniversary since my last one...crossing my fingers it comes around again.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.