Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is Sure Quick!

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America is Sure Quick!

@chalupaman wrote:

Update: It's reporting on both EX and EQ. Not showing up on TU yet.

TU is typically last to update.

Message 21 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA does report really quick, just like GE and Barclays.

Nice to see some good comments about BoA, they've grown to be my favorite bank to deal with.  Back when I was rebuilding my credit, I applied and was denied for the Cashrewards card.  I called the analyst and asked her to reconsider and after a 2-3 minute conversation she gave me $2500 limit (and used my original hard pull).  Today that card has grown to $20k and they just reduced my APR by 3% (and encouraged me to call APR reduction team every 6 months).  They have given me numerous Alaska Airlines cards and bonuses and have never flatly shot down a CLI request.  They've either counter offered or contacted me about moving limits around.  

So with all that said, I'm fine with them reporting quickly.

Message 22 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

BoA does report really quick, just like GE and Barclays.

Nice to see some good comments about BoA, they've grown to be my favorite bank to deal with.  Back when I was rebuilding my credit, I applied and was denied for the Cashrewards card.  I called the analyst and asked her to reconsider and after a 2-3 minute conversation she gave me $2500 limit (and used my original hard pull).  Today that card has grown to $20k and they just reduced my APR by 3% (and encouraged me to call APR reduction team every 6 months).  They have given me numerous Alaska Airlines cards and bonuses and have never flatly shot down a CLI request.  They've either counter offered or contacted me about moving limits around.  

So with all that said, I'm fine with them reporting quickly.

BofA is definitely one great financial institution to build a great relationship and one of my favorites as well.  I have sevral products through them.  Never have had any issues with them for as long as I've banked with them.

Message 23 of 27
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

What are their initial credit limits like? Do they also start you low despite your higher limits because you're new to them(like Barclays) or do they match current limits?

I applied for a card offer that was mailed to me (old school, I know... but I wanted a WEMC) and BOA matched my highest limit. It's my first card with them. I called them, spoke with an analyst, and asked to double the limit... SUCCESS! They gave me my biggest credit line without any relationship. 

BOA customer service is outstanding. It's better than AMEX, in my opinion. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 24 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Chase and Amex are still my favorite banks to do business with by far and Discover has amazing customer service but they are the stingiest lender I've ever dealt with but I think BoA has some room there if they manage to impress me even more like they did when I called them. Extremely nice customer service too. Barclays has good customer service too but not as good APR terms IMO.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 25 of 27
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America reports to all 3. if they aren' reporting to Experian then you should call Experian.. Because, experian is actually who BOA when applying for a card.

Yes, my DW has a HP from BOA on EX when she got the card. No report there from BOA or Discover. I added her to my BOA and it shows now on EX, she added me to her BOA and it doesn't show on my EX. Added her to my Discover and it doesn't show either in her EX. All the cards that don't show on her report are from February thru June, the cards she got in July or BOA I added her in August reports without problem. This is really weird.

Message 26 of 27
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@WLRK11 wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

What are their initial credit limits like? Do they also start you low despite your higher limits because you're new to them(like Barclays) or do they match current limits?

I applied for a card offer that was mailed to me (old school, I know... but I wanted a WEMC) and BOA matched my highest limit. It's my first card with them. I called them, spoke with an analyst, and asked to double the limit... SUCCESS! They gave me my biggest credit line without any relationship. 

BOA customer service is outstanding. It's better than AMEX, in my opinion. 

Thanks. My concerns about BoA were answered. Looking forward to building a relationship with them after I leave the garden.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.