Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is Sure Quick!

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Bank of America is Sure Quick!

Two days after I got approved for their card, I get an alert from Equifax Complete saying that it's already reporting on Experian! Wonder how long it might take for the account to report on Equifax and Transunion. I know Barclays was also super quick with their reporting too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America is Sure Quick!

What are their initial credit limits like? Do they also start you low despite your higher limits because you're new to them(like Barclays) or do they match current limits?

Message 2 of 27
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

i have seen people with 75k BofA cards

@JSS3 wrote:

What are their initial credit limits like? Do they also start you low despite your higher limits because you're new to them(like Barclays) or do they match current limits?

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 3 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

They told me that since I'm still sort of new to credit to their eyes, that's the highest they could give me right now but the terms are quite good. 0 APR for the first 12 months, and then 16.99% after, so it's not too far behind what I have on my Chase cards and my ED card still has the best promo offer of them all. Barclays gave me a decent starting limit, but crap APR at 24.99%.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 27
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

i have seen people with 75k BofA cards

@JSS3 wrote:

Were they new to BoA?

Message 5 of 27
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

They told me that since I'm still sort of new to credit to their eyes, that's the highest they could give me right now but the terms are quite good. 0 APR for the first 12 months, and then 16.99% after, so it's not too far behind what I have on my Chase cards and my ED card still has the best promo offer of them all. Barclays gave me a decent starting limit, but crap APR at 24.99%.

Ok so what I'm gathering is BoA will give you a good starting limit if the rest of your profile is good. It doesn't depend on being new to them.

I want to get in with them eventually.

Message 6 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Ok so what I'm gathering is BoA will give you a good starting limit if the rest of your profile is good. It doesn't depend on being new to them.

They were the last major prime lender that I was wanting to get in with for a really long time but eventually gave up trying after a while. I once applied for their student cash rewards card and got denied last year but got their secured card offer. Barclays was second to last for quite a long time.

Here's the order with my approvals with the major lenders:

Citi (started out with this card first), CapOne after about 5-6 months, Discover instant approval after six months, Amex in June, Chase in August, Barclays in late September with an instant approval (after getting denied for the Sallie Mae, I just tried for another card and got it instantly and then PCed it), and this month Bank of America and I did that in a little over a year. I had that useless Wells Fargo college card for a while that I got around the same time I got the Discover card because it was one of those cards I thought I always wanted to have but didn't quite realize that the rewards on it weren't too good so I eventually closed that one.

Message 7 of 27
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

They were the last major prime lender that I was wanting to get in with for a really long time but eventually gave up trying after a while. I once applied for their student cash rewards card and got denied last year but got their secured card offer. Barclays was second to last for quite a long time.

Here's the order with my approvals with the major lenders:

Citi (started out with this card first), CapOne after about 5-6 months, Discover instant approval after six months, Amex in June, Chase in August, Barclays in late September with an instant approval (after getting denied for the Sallie Mae, I just tried for another card and got it instantly and then PCed it), and this month Bank of America and I did that in a little over a year. I had that useless Wells Fargo college card for a while that I got around the same time I got the Discover card because it was one of those cards I thought I always wanted to have but didn't quite realize that the rewards on it weren't too good so I eventually closed that one.

LOL yeah I don't know what to do with my Wells Fargo. I'll see if they give me an auto CLI. Not too familiar with this company as I am with the others and the reviews aren't good.

I'm missing an Amex and BoA. 

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

When you have a Credit Card with BOA all the information about your accout is there for you to see Online and the CLI Button is there too in plain view, The same can NOT be said about Chase because Chase Doesn't even have a CLI Button Online, You have to call Chase to request a CLI and that makes things worse than BOA, Also BOA has Daily Deals where you can get an extra 5% to  20% Off when using their Credit Card as you normally would in different places and that is on top of their regular Cashback of 1% to 3%...Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Two days after I got approved for their card, I get an alert from Equifax Complete saying that it's already reporting on Experian! Wonder how long it might take for the account to report on Equifax and Experian. I know Barclays was also super quick with their reporting too.

i can't NOT say anything about Barclays because i have been Declined multiple times by Barclays Smiley Frustrated But i can say BOA reports really really fast Smiley Happy , i wish Chase were as fast Smiley Tongue,  i'm still waiting for my Chase AARP to show up Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.