Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is nice! :)

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Bank of America is nice! :)

Yesterday I had a missed call from a number i didnt reconize and so this morning i google it and it comes back to FIA Card Services and Bank of America. I didn't wanna call it directly in fear of it being a spoof call to steal my credit cards so i call FIA directly and their automated system routed me to someone who i explained that i recieved a call from a number i believe belongs to FIA and Bank of America and i am checking to see if they need anything from me and the rep checked notes on both of my accounts and said she didnt see any notes at to why i was called and i gave her the number and she placed me on hold and called the number and confirmed it was a real bank of america number from a department that makes courteous calls and it was up to me if i wanted to call that number back.

So tonight when i get home from work i call that number and they ask for my phone number and after i give it to them they say they were calling to Thank me for My Business.

I was like wow, that's nice.

No other credit card company has called me up to Thank me, Bank of America cares about me. Maybe it was cuz i opened up the BBR card? either way they sure have been really nice to me!

The number they tried to call me from was: 1 - 216 - 545 - 8326

Just thought i would share this with you guys! After i got it figured out it made me feel awesome knowing that they care about me! Before that it freaked me out as to why they were trying to contact me.

All is well! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America is nice! :)

Message 2 of 20
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Bank of America has really stepped up their customer service of late. I've been a long time customer and noticed the changes first hand. Their credit offerings have also improved. I remember when their best card used to be 1% cash back.

Message 3 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

FIA did this when I was approved for two of their affinity cards last year. It's weird because they rang at like 8 or 9 in the evening without leaving a voicemail.

Message 4 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

+1

And don't forget that they are ranked #1 in Online Banking experience as well. Man Wink

Message 5 of 20
linux007969
Established Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

Bank of America has really stepped up their customer service of late. I've been a long time customer and noticed the changes first hand. Their credit offerings have also improved. I remember when their best card used to be 1% cash back.

probably someone listened to the call i had with the senior analyst with reconning my BBR app and how i sweet talked them by letting them know that I really love them and wanted to keep building a realtionship with them cuz their an awesome company.

Who knows..... It is strange cuz i havent even had my accounts a year and they call me up to Thank me, while my dad and a good friend have both had theirs since around 92 and haven't gotten this call since they had their accounts. Me and my friend both have perfect and on time payment history while my dad has been late a few times and racked up close to his limit and is paying it off when he can, but anyway I got the call and they didn't and they had accounts with them a lot longer than i sure have.

It sure feels nice to be appreciated for once in my lifetime! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 6 of 20
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card! I just got approved for mine as well Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 20
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I know BoA sometimes is looked upon negatively on these forums, but I've had nothing but postive experiences with them.  During the credit crunch of 2008/2009 they were the ONLY lender who did not either CLD/jack up interest rates/close my card.  And last Fall they product changed my Visa Platinum into a Signature card, and I still have the original 9.9% APR that I had when I opened the card 11 years ago.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 8 of 20
JRS123
Established Member

+1
MyFico - TU- Hawk Alert Smiley Sad MyFico EFX 726.
Amex Blue cash 15K; Bofa Cash rewards 20K; Bofa Travelrewards 10K; 2/13 myFico 709
Target Score 760-800
Gardening since Jan'13 hopefully till Jan '14
Message 9 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I am a longterm BofA customer. I lost my wallet on a public bus in Chicago once and by the time I realised it was missing, my bankcard had been used to charge 1000 in  fraud charges. I didn't even know that could happen seeing as my checking account had no money in it. Anyway, it then had a negative balance of -1000 dollars. I called BofA immediately and told them what happened. They made me sign an affadavit and they took the loss.  Then a few years later a girlfriend stole my bank card when I was  sleeping at her apartment and used it at an atm then denied having taken it. BofA investigated it and pulled security footage of her at the bank machine. I ended up absorbing the loss myself and not pressing criminal charges but BofA was easy to deal with in that situation as well.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.