Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is nice! :)

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America is nice! :)

Nice to hear this! Congrats-wish my experience were better!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 20
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Am I the only one who finds this a little creepy? To me, having some company call me up just to say nice things would be touching, but also a waste of my time. A thank you letter, okay. But if they really mean "thank you" they should put a gift card in an envelope or offer some special reward for the next month when I log in to my account. Phone calls are a disruption and a pain in the *ss. Not to rain on your parade, linux. If you like it, you liked it. I just wouldn't.

Message 12 of 20
rushx2112
New Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Am I the only one who finds this a little creepy? To me, having some company call me up just to say nice things would be touching, but also a waste of my time. A thank you letter, okay. But if they really mean "thank you" they should put a gift card in an envelope or offer some special reward for the next month when I log in to my account. Phone calls are a disruption and a pain in the *ss. Not to rain on your parade, linux. If you like it, you liked it. I just wouldn't.

They've called me at least 10 times since I opened my card, always at a weird hour when I'm unable to answer, never leave a message

Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

+1

And don't forget that they are ranked #1 in Online Banking experience as well. Man Wink

Yes, far and away the best "online" banking I've ever used.  

Primary reason B of A have been irreplaceable for my banking needs.  There's no online banking security protocol and efficiency I trust more than B of A.  Citi/Chase is probably a very distant second, in this regard.

Regarding CCs - Well, they can thank me all they want and send me all the little trinkets.  If the rewards aren't competitive, none of the "niceness" matters one bit.

Message 14 of 20
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Haha... Your girlfriend secretly withdrew money from your account. I know it shouldn't be funny, but I'm just imagining if my gf did that. And I know I too would not press charges over $500 (max on my account at one time). But I'd definitely guilt her into doing all those unmentionable things that were so off the table before.  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

Haha... Your girlfriend secretly withdrew money from your account. I know it shouldn't be funny, but I'm just imagining if my gf did that. And I know I too would not press charges over $500 (max on my account at one time). But I'd definitely guilt her into doing all those unmentionable things that were so off the table before.  Smiley Wink

Lol,,, the other thing is BofA has stuck with me through tons and tons of bounced stuff. She lied through her teeth about it for weeks before I was able to prove it was her. I was able to match her cell phone calls to the withdrawals because I figured out exactly when she did it cause she only had a small window to leave and come back....

Message 16 of 20
rushx2112
New Contributor

They just called me AGAIN... actually answered this time so hopefully they'll stop, just explained the rewards stucture and asked if I had any questions.... I could have (and did) read all that off your website before I applied!

Message 17 of 20
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Wow... I might be able to let one time go, but for someone to do that for weeks... I don't know... I think just seeing her face when I'd show her the stupid DVD (VHS?) of her withdrawing the money would have been worth enough for me to stick around. And then of course upload it on youtube. 

Message 18 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

+1

And don't forget that they are ranked #1 in Online Banking experience as well. Man Wink

Regarding CCs - Well, they can thank me all they want and send me all the little trinkets.  If the rewards aren't competitive, none of the "niceness" matters one bit.

Bank of America actually has some really good cards. They just do a poor job at marketing them. Once they devote resources to marketing their credit products, their stock price will soar. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

+1

Bank of America actually has some really good cards. They just do a poor job at marketing them. Once they devote resources to marketing their credit products, their stock price will soar. Smiley Tongue

They have a couple of good cards, but I'd say most of them are pretty mediocre. You're right though in that they don't do a good job marketing them.

To echo a previous poster, their CSR may be awful but they didn't AA me when other banks probably would have. I never use my BofA cards yet they haven't CLDed me once, even during 2008-09. For me they've been quite reliable, although painful at times to deal with.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.