Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America just closed $63K of my credit cards

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America just closed $63K of my credit cards

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I am certainly following this thread, though.  Please let us know if you find out anything.  BOA makes up over $88k of my revolving credit and I'm currently carrying over $40k of BTs with them with plans for more late summer, so something like this would be an absolute disaster for me.

This is why I always PIF, even if if 0% interest. I do not wish for a credit card issuer to be able to cause a disaster for me. If I never carry a balance and a credit card issuer closes my card, it is no big deal, plus I never pay them a penny in interest.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 61 of 170
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Again, after what they did to me a few years ago, I will never do business with them again.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 62 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If someone closes all my cards and ive been paying on time and doing nothing illegal and just being responsible, no way in heck would i " reapply" for more cards from said bank. NEXTSmiley Wink

Same here.

Good luck OP and of course it's worth trying to see about getting them restored.

Not sure what your limits are on Navyfed but they can be increased pretty high, same as Penfed when you app call in to negotiate a higher limit.  Or even just a new NavyFed and PenFed card should restore most of that limit.

Message 63 of 170
kugel
Valued Contributor

How's cap one i do have a few cards with them and been reading here some ppl got CLD ?
Message 64 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

The balls on the rep to just tell you to reapply for new ones. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my sheet. Talk about a kick in the....ridiculous 

Message 65 of 170
naptime
Contributor

I would never re apply for any BOA cards.

If the old ones can be re opened then fine.

Message 66 of 170
naptime
Contributor

Not at all you came across like you hate BOA

Its just crazy how they do these things. 

I'll tell you what I will never do anything with BOA again

Message 67 of 170
naptime
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Good luck OP getting this resolved. I saw that you might be having some trouble quoting other posters, you can check out how to do it here;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Community-Feature-FAQ-s/How-to-Quote-a-Post/td-p/2603189

Ha Ha 

that was a nice way of saying Im not posting correctly

Thanks 

Message 68 of 170
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kugel wrote:
It's about time to have cc issuers that guarantees they will it cld or close your accounts only if there is negitves
Isn't the cc made to use it and to have the option to carry a balance ?

And in return are you willing to guarantee:

1) You will never close it except in cases of proven fraud/negligence on behalf of the issuer, and more importantly

2) guaranteed minimum spend on the card each month (say $1000)

The credit line is not free for the bank.   You can cancel at any time and so can they.

Message 69 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Durring my wedding vows I asked my ex-wife to guarantee that she would not divorce me...as long as I did nothing negative within the relationship.....

I didn't know that not buying her a ferrari was negative...........

Gregg

GMoney2196 I am disappointed ... what didn't you understand about "for richer or poorer or in sickness and health ... " ? Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.