Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America lied to me about secured credit card reporting

tag
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America lied to me about secured credit card reporting

Thank you all for your feedback! I decided to not go through with the BofA secured card. The Social Media Team from FB did contact me, and I shared my negative experience. I also asked if they could waive the $39 annual fee and they agreed. The lady was very nice and also checked into getting me 99/500 card. She had never heard of it! Lol! Turned out it is by invitation only. After all was said and done, I called BofA and asked them if I could lower my deposit from $3000 to $2000. Well, the funds are already being processed and I'd have to wait for the new card. She said I would get a cashier's check back for $1000. Of course, a previous agent told me it would go back the same way they took it out, directly into my checking account. Another lie, or lack of training! HAD ENOUGH WITH BOFA and their terrible customer service. Immediately called my credit union where the funds are coming from and transferred all the money from my checking into one of my savings account. The credit union rep then turned off my courtesy pay option, and unlinked my savings and credit card for overdraft protection. No way BofA is getting a dime from me now. I really didn't need this credit card, as I have 4 other awesome cards from banks with great customer service. Just wanted the flexibility and convenience with BofA, but they blew it! 

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.