Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America pledges halt on card rate hikes

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America pledges halt on card rate hikes

I have 5 cards with them....all perfect history.  PIF every month.  Only positive things happening to my CR since I got the cards.  Over the last 4 months, 3 of them had their interest rate raised.  So yeah it just seems like something they put out there after they went through and raised a lot of members IR.  Good PR.

Doesn't really matter to me since I PIF anyways.

Message Edited by nicemann on 10-07-2009 11:53 AM
Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America pledges halt on card rate hikes

@bakalao2k wrote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Bank of America (BAC.N) said it will not change the terms on consumer credit card accounts ahead of reform legislation slated to go into effect early next year, according to a letter released by a lawmaker on Tuesday.

Christopher Dodd, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, released the letter, dated October 5, and called on other companies to follow Bank of America's lead.

"In light of the concerns expressed to us by our customers, Bank of America will not implement any change in terms (risk or economic based) re-pricing of consumer credit card accounts between now and the effective date of the CARD Act," the letter said.

Ha!  Cracks me up – It’s just like eating every morsel of chocolate in the house that’s edible (including the stash being reserved for Halloween and Christmas stockings) and then announcing “I won’t be eating any more chocolate.  In this house.   For a bit.”

No pat on the back for this one, BofA.

Not that eating chocolate is a bad thing….. 

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.