cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America pre-approved does mean approved!!

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America pre-approved does mean approved!!

I was recently approved for their "Platinum Plus" card . . . Smiley Very Happy

5,000 and 0% BT's for 15 mo. 

They pulled Ex and TU.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if I should apply again as my TU score is at 713

When I last applied it was at 622

Message 12 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a nice increase main. I'd say IF this is a card you realy want, then yes app with that score. How's your EX looking? I see the previous oster said they pulled TU & EX. Might as well cover all bases. If it were me I would feel safe apping providing there are no baddies on your reports. It does seem that banks are looking at history even more now as well as score. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Message 13 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When did you last apply?

You might have to wait if you have applied recently.

I would call and do it over the phone instead of on the internet.

this way you can speak to a CSR and find out what they will pull and see if you are eligible to apply again.

Also if you get denied, you can ask for a recon at  that time.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

When did you last apply?

You might have to wait if you have applied recently.

I would call and do it over the phone instead of on the internet.

this way you can speak to a CSR and find out what they will pull and see if you are eligible to apply again.

Also if you get denied, you can ask for a recon at  that time.

It was just about a year ago.    

As for my EX it has a CO from 2002 which is supposed to be gone this month but so far hasn't dropped yet

Another issue might be that my history is short.  Because I've had to start over with my credit all my accounts are fairly new with my oldest one about 1 1/2 years.    So it just might be worth it to wait eventhough I'd like to have a BOA CC

Message Edited by mainemedic on 01-28-2009 04:22 PM
Message 15 of 21
pattycake
Established Contributor

I got a preapproval letter last March, ignored it, got another one and filled out the online app.  It then gave me the "need more time" message, so I called the CSR a few days later.  She said they couldn't help me, then offered me a card with a CL of $500.  I took it, since it was at 0% for 12 months, then asked for a CL of $2K online.  I was approved, and the 0% ends in April. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 16 of 21
smvmny

Hi all, Just got a SW alert that my FICO went up 39 points. I think the extra $4000 of available credit really helped or I am finally rebounding from being re-bucketed. I'm now at 697, which is one point shy of where I was in Sep 2007 before I was re-bucketed. These boards have been a lot of help for me. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Here is the SW alert:

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:
  • The balances on one or more of your credit accounts decreased. In general, less debt is better for your score.
  • The credit limit on one or more of your credit accounts increased. Larger credit limits tend to help your FICO® scores if your balances remain the same.
  • Negative information on your credit report, such as a bankruptcy, collection, or record of a late payment, was removed because it was more than 7 years old (or 10 years old in the case of a bankruptcy).
  • Negative information on your credit report is not harming your FICO® score as much as before because it is now older. Past negative credit behavior, like missing payments or defaulting on loans, are offset over time by more recent history of credit responsibility.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think pre-app is based on credit report pulled months ago.  Pre-app seems to mean that had you applied on the day they pulled your credit report, you would've been approved, but not necessarily today.  I applied once last year, was declined, and ended up with a hard inq, so now I have to wait until next month to apply for another 0% card and move balance onto new card.
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a pre-approved Financial Rewards Visa with a $8K CL two weeks ago and got the usual 'Congratulation! You will receive your new card in 10 days" message.

Just checked the pre-approved site again awhile ago and guess what, I am pre-approved again with the same cards (BOA Accelerated Cash AMEX card, Financial Rewards Visa, MC Platinum Plus Card). But this time the CL is $9KSmiley Very Happy Is the normal for BOA to keep giving out pre-approved offers?

Message 19 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a pre-approved Financial Rewards Visa with a $8K CL two weeks ago and got the usual 'Congratulation! You will receive your new card in 10 days" message.

Just checked the pre-approved site again awhile ago and guess what, I am pre-approved again with the same cards (BOA Accelerated Cash AMEX card, Financial Rewards Visa, MC Platinum Plus Card). But this time the CL is $9KSmiley Very Happy Is the normal for BOA to keep giving out pre-approved offers?

Congrats. You are one of those blessed ones.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.