Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America quick question!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America quick question!

Alright folks, today my Bank of America Amtrak card was offically split today from a joint account into just me!  (this is great coming from last september when I could not get approved and finally had to apply jointly and was issued a 2100 limit, now $15,000).  The process has taken about a month to complete.

My question is, today Bank of America has pulled my Transunion...  I know that they also pull experian too.  Do you think there is any chance of my applying for a Better Balance Rewards and having the inquiries merge?  Or is it Experian that they usually use for new apps, I can't remember?  According to credit pulls its looking like I see more new accounts with Experian.  I would be fine with them taking some of the limit away to leverage this to open.

So long as theres a small chance of the inquiries merging I am ok with taking the chance of a denial.  I really want one of these cards. It really isn't a huge deal though, as I could always wait until later this year and attempt to apply. I just wanted to take advantage of this before they are gone.

I did consider splitting the account, then applying for a CLI, but since my partner was using a HP to get a CLI on their cash rewards card that I am an AU of, it did not cost them an extra HP to request one on the Amtrak.  I do not think BOA would have issued me that high of a limit had I split the account first.  The whole thing sucks, I really should have just not pushed for approval last sept and reapplied later but I did need the card and it gets a lot of use.  So in total just for this card, luckily it was only one HP to get it opened for each person, then one HP for each person for a CLI, and then a third HP for me to split the account.  The representative acted like there was not that big of a chance of them HP'ing me again to split though and they could use the HP from the CLI.

Would it be a waste of time for me to contact them and ask them why they were unable to use the report they pulled last month?  Or is it a lost cause and just let it go?  Main priority here is getting the inquiry taken off somehow more than opening another card FYI.

EDIT:

I just had my questions answered. Because the account was joint at the time they cannot use the same inquiry for that CLI and the account split. Thats fine.  Also its looking like most accounts are opened with Experian. So thats that!  No complaints really.  Hopefully I will get an APR reduction at least as its at 20.24%.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America quick question!

today was the split. when was the CLI? more than 30 days?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America quick question!

@Anonymous wrote:
today was the split. when was the CLI? more than 30 days?

The split was not supposed to happen on a specific day, it just happend to be that today is when it finally processed. Acorrding to my reports, it says Jan 21st is when the CLI hp occured. But the guy on the phone said the date has nothing to do with it.  It would be a HP regardless because that HP for a CLI was when the account was joint even though they did not factor in any income from joint person.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.