Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America "Preferred"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America "Preferred"

Today I received my new BoA debit card in the mail with the chip upgrade.

I found out on my card it says "Preferred" under the bank of america logo ... due to the preferred rewards program. So is this a thing they start doing recently and only on debit cards or also on credit cards as well like cash rewards and the travel rewards?

Curiousity .. since I have asiana airliens card.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America "Preferred"

@Anonymous wrote:

I found out on my card it says "Preferred" under the bank of america logo ... due to the preferred rewards program. So is this a thing they start doing recently and only on debit cards or also on credit cards as well like cash rewards and the travel rewards?

The rollout of this program iis not recent - you should have received information on this program late last year.  This would apply to your overall BOA relationship (including CCs) depending on the tier level you're currently enrolled.

http://info.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/#benefits

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rollout of this program iis not recent - you should have received information on this program late last year.  This would apply to your overall BOA relationship (including CCs) depending on the tier level you're currently enrolled.

So on cash rewards/travel rewards there's also the word "preferred" under the logo?! Wow now I want to product change to those cards! After doing some research Preferred Rewards doesn't extend to Asiana airliens =(

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So on cash rewards/travel rewards there's also the word "preferred" under the logo?! Wow now I want to product change to those cards! After doing some research Preferred Rewards doesn't extend to Asiana airliens =(

No.  The "Preferred" logo is only embossed on the Debit card AFAIK.  So, if you're looking for a "status" booster to be plastered on the Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards CCs, it's not going to happen.  The Preferred Rewards Program (with their respective tier levels) is an extension of your depository or investment relationship with BOA/Merrill.  You gain the benefit of the bonuses (tier-level dependent) deposited onto a qualifying BOA account.

And, no, you cannot PC the Asiana card to Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards - entirely separate rewards structures.

Message 4 of 8
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  The "Preferred" logo is only embossed on the Debit card AFAIK.  So, if you're looking for a "status" booster to be plastered on the Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards CCs, it's not going to happen.  The Preferred Rewards Program (with their respective tier levels) is an extension of your depository or investment relationship with BOA/Merrill.  You gain the benefit of the bonuses (tier-level dependent) deposited onto a qualifying BOA account.

And, no, you cannot PC the Asiana card to Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards - entirely separate rewards structures.

The "Preferred" logo is on my new cash rewards credit card. Assuming it will be there on my travel rewards when I get a new one.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Preferred Logo is on my chip debit card, Cash Rewards, and Travel Rewards card...not sure why it matters and not sure why anyone would care...many other ways of feeling proud.

Message 6 of 8
r34dy2fly
Contributor

Incorrect. The credit cards do have the "Preferred" logo as well but as someone else mentioned, I don't understand why this matters. It adds almost no status value such as the heavier weight cards that the Chase CSP uses or the Centurion AMEX.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@r34dy2fly wrote:

Incorrect. The credit cards do have the "Preferred" logo as well but as someone else mentioned, I don't understand why this matters. It adds almost no status value such as the heavier weight cards that the Chase CSP uses or the Centurion AMEX.

Correction to my earlier post.  Not all cards will reflect this but they are still enrolled in the program.  Apparently for the cards that are being retired or renewed/folded under a different program, would likely not have the little "Preferred" logo - which as the consensus seems to be, does not matter much at all.  For instance, Platinum Privileges CR and/or Accelerated Rewards AmEx - some have them, some do not.  Only my Debit card had the logo and they didn't include it to my recently re-issed WWF WMC.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.