Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America rocks

tag
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Bank of America rocks

my secured card graduated in late december 09 and i converted over to an amex accelerated rewards. this thing's got rewards points coming out the wazoo! whenever i call into bofa, the reps definitely treat me better than they did with the platinum plus. they even greet me differently once they read out "and how can i help you with your american express?

let's hope they don't CLD or close me after an account review, or i'll be starting a "Bank of America sucks goat butt" thread

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Achase
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America rocks

BofA totally rocks....For Now

I started with a secured visa in 2007 with $7500 and after one year later in 2008 they unsecured it

Then in 2009 they upgraded it to the world points visa. Today I applied for their World MasterCard and it Declined at first but I called their backdoor number and it was approved

$5000 because of the good history I have with them. BofA totally rocks.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@emartin82 wrote:

my secured card graduated in late december 09 and i converted over to an amex accelerated rewards. this thing's got rewards points coming out the wazoo! whenever i call into bofa, the reps definitely treat me better than they did with the platinum plus. they even greet me differently once they read out "and how can i help you with your american express?

let's hope they don't CLD or close me after an account review, or i'll be starting a "Bank of America sucks goat butt" thread

Yup, because they reopened my account. LOL

Message 3 of 15
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Enjoy it while it lasts. I used to think the same thing before I realized BofA sucks big time.

Now Citibank, they ROCK. Much more professional, IMO.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think your experience at BofA depends on rather the credit analyst you speak to has any brains.

I to started with a secured card thinking it would be my best option to build long history with a strong bank. AH

After 10 months, it graduated and was given CLI to $1500. for 6 months I averaged $1200-$2300 a month in charges and averaged 3-4 payments a month to stay under my CL and pay my balance off each statement.

After 7 months, now making this account 17 months old, BofA does a "review" and decides I'm a high risk and closes my account.  I will never do business with them again. 

Message 5 of 15
Achase
Regular Contributor

I understand totally because they Closed my card and said that I was a high risk too because I had a late payment from macys show up on my credit report.

I spoke with the corporate office and had that decision reversed and I called macys and they did a goodwill removal of the late payment from my credit report.

since then I have had great service from BofA.(maybe because i have notes from corporate on my account)

But at the same time I don't call them anymore for frivolous queries either....

I tread very slowly because I know BofA is a deep pool of BS. But I appreciate thier service and convenience.

When I apped for the World MC today I was totally ready to lose my current account but to my surprise

I was thanked for my aggressive payments and approved for the new card.

Message Edited by Achase on 02-03-2010 05:29 PM
Message Edited by Achase on 02-03-2010 05:33 PM
Message Edited by Achase on 02-03-2010 05:35 PM

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
Lyythine
Established Contributor

What the heck gives???!!!  Ive tried over 10 times to PC to Amex card from my Americard Signature and every CSR tells me it requires a new app, that i cant PC to the amex card....  How did you do this?  or does it just take me calling the right CSR?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I have no complaints about my service with BoA.  I love their online services.  I have had a Visa with them for 4 years at $10k.  Same CL, not CLI's but no CLD either.  I like their ATM's same day deposit till 8pm, I like my rewards (have the BankAmericard Rewards Visa).

So, I am satisfied with what I have.  However, they won't/don't do anything new or more for me....and that was why I branched out into CU's.  While BoA has nice online services and adequate on everything...they are so big they can't be personal and must basically treat the masses on the lowest common denominator....not to mention they must make up their losses through the clients who do/did pay.

BoA is my main checking and day to day transaction bank because of their services.  But for credit in general and new loans....I go with CU's or USAA.

IME  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:
What the heck gives???!!!  Ive tried over 10 times to PC to Amex card from my Americard Signature and every CSR tells me it requires a new app, that i cant PC to the amex card....  How did you do this?  or does it just take me calling the right CSR?
 I'm not sure about the AmEx card, but I know for a fact that you can do a product change between other BoA cards without an app. They offered to change my platinum plus to a visa signature.  

Message 9 of 15
westo12
Established Contributor

Question, I was just upgraded from the Platinum Plus Visa to the Power Rewards Visa card.  Does this mean I'll get a credit limit increase too or do I have to ask for one?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.